Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

dash boat or tear into jet

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

dash boat or tear into jet

Old 04-18-2013, 03:17 PM
helmey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash boat or tear into jet

i am new to rc boats and looking for a fast and decent first boat.
can anybody tell me what boat is better a dash boat or a tear into jet boat, or any other boats like them around the price of £40-50.
i am not looking to make modifcation to the boat.
would be greatful if anyone could help me.
thank you
Old 04-19-2013, 06:17 AM
sundogz

Default RE: dash boat or tear into jet

I'd go with the dash boat. I don't think you'll be happy with an unmodified Tear Into as it doesn't have proportional steering or throttle. Which means throttle is either wide open or stopped, and steering is full left/right or straight. But a modded Tear Into is much more fun, IMO as you can run it in shallow water and rapids.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:47 PM
NobodyFamous

I just got a Tear Into for my son - it's crap.  I had to fix it out of the box (stearling link had glue all over it) and it leakes like crazy.  Couldn't even run the battery down twice before it started to mess up.  And there is NO access to find the leak and seal it.  I am going to have to cut it up to fix it.

Can say anything about the dash, never heard of it.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:53 PM
helmey

Thanks for the help, I have orderd a dash boat model mb.01!
thanks for the help!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 06:58 AM
*delete M i k e u p delete*

Dash boat, never heard of it. How about posting the site for dash boat, thanks. Since your from U.K., you have a greater choice than us USA boaters. How about an airboat for him or a small mono with a little zip. -Let us know the site for the Dash Boat, ok!Thanks!
Old 04-21-2013, 07:46 AM
sundogz

ORIGINAL: Mikeup

Dash boat, never heard of it. How about posting the site for dash boat, thanks. Since your from U.K., you have a greater choice than us USA boaters. How about an airboat for him or a small mono with a little zip. -Let us know the site for the Dash Boat, ok!Thanks!
Here's a link: [link=https://s4-us4.ixquick-proxy.com/do/spg/show_picture.pl?l=english&cat=pics&c=pf&q=dash+boat&h=564&w=700&th=128&tw=160&fn=7009pic2.jpg&fs=120%20k&el=boss_pics_2&tu=https:%2F%2Fs15-us2.ixquick.com%2Fcgi-bin%2Fsf%3Ff%3D4dff9cf45c25dfc6d5bb5b1631cf1696.jp g%26anticache%3D574292&rl=NONE&u=http:%2F%2Frcdreamz.com.my%2Fwebshaper%2Fstore%2 FviewProd.asp%3FpkProductItem%3D2133&udata=09b909542509b969237e6f5273210d70&rid=LHLNQQPPSSOM&oiu=http:%2F%2Fwww.rcdreamz.com.my%2Fwebshaper%2Fp cm%2Fpictures%2FJOYSWAY%2F7009pic2.jpg]Dash boat.[/link]

NobodyFamous: Read the Unofficial Tear Into thread on this forum - That's what everyone has been saying. You need to gut it and replace with hobby grade parts and then it will shine! But too bad yours leaks - that doesn't happen often. You can still have fun with a stock boat (if you put a 3S lipo in there!) until the stock brushed motor gives out.