Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Long range, high speed boat?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Long range, high speed boat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 06:55 PM
tatsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long range, high speed boat?

Hey there, just joined and Ican't see anything about it on google...long range (1/2-3/4 mile) and 80+MPH

I know there are boats that can do 80+, but is there a reciever/transmitter than reaches that far??

eletric would be preferred. Ihave a idea for something that may look amazing.

Iam not sure how many of you know about the swamp buggy races, but they take place in water, and reach 80-90MPH at fastest (reason i am looking for a 80+MPH top speed boat)

I would be putting a GO-PRO hero 3 on the back to watch the buggy. Iam just wondering if this is at all possible and if so, which boat(s) and transmitter/reciever could be used to make this possible???
Old 04-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Goldenduff

Default RE: Long range, high speed boat?

Very possible and very expensive! I suspect petrol power is the way- I'm a plane guy but very possible if you have the budget.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:20 PM
*delete M i k e u p delete*

I think you need to read about FE boats so you can understand boats. Also make sure your budget can handle the expense.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Rich404

Yes they exist...

The guys that have boats that can do this are very experienced and have very large budgets and they generally don't share their insight with others.Giving this info to a novice is just plain dangerous.

Spend, learn, apply your knowledge and you too will someday be able to go 3-4 mile range and 80 mph..Assuming there is no wind or small waves to get in the way and destroy your boat.

Truth is man, a boat that does 80 MPH is very expensive and has a very short life expectancy.

-Rich.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:40 PM
tatsu

I only need about 1/2-3/4 mile range, and it needs to be able to do 80 unless it wants to get run over haha and there will be little 1 foot waves about 1/2 way through the run lol