Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

building help

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

building help

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 04:44 PM
hydronut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building help

I am thinking of building a 1/10th scale hydro and have a few questions hoping someone might answer. Got the 1/10th Pay n Pak plan by Gary Finlay and wondering if anybody has an opinion of his plans? Second, how do you transfer the base plan to the building board? Then what is the best way to transfer the templetes onto the wood and cut them out? I would really apprceate it if I could get some feedback. Thanks, Mark
Old 05-30-2013, 11:12 AM
785boats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: building help

The easiest way is to photo copy all the templates, cut them out & glue them to the ply or balsa with a weak glue. Then cut around the lines.
For the base lines just use a ruler, square, & pencil. Measure all the distances & lengths on the plan & transfer those measurements to the board.
Gary Finlays' plans are usually pretty accurate & easy to build from.

When it comes to the final painting & graphics, give Mike a call at Thunderboat Graphics. Depending on which year & version you are building, he has probably got a set of graphics for it.
Have a scroll through the 'Scale Graphics' section & see if you can find yours.

[link]http://www.thunderboatgraphics.com/[/link]

Cheers.
Paul.