Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Prather Piranha nitro to electric help

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Prather Piranha nitro to electric help

Old 07-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Nitro66612
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prather Piranha nitro to electric help

I needing help with what Kv and battery"s" I should run. This boat is a little on the heavy side even with nothing in it. Blew up two different motors so im wanting to go electric and go fast with out to much worry.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Prather Piranha nitro to electric help

While a reliable FE setup is less trouble than a nitro setup, it is too easy for a new FE boater to make expensive mistakes. If you have blown up two nitro motors already there may be something wrong with your setup. Modifying a nitro rigger to FE is not easy. First, an FE version will be heavier than the nitro version so the sponson design may not work. Next, fitting everything into the hull so that the hull is waterproof is very problematic. Lastly, the Piranha is an old antiquated design which didn't run that well when it was first sold.

How many FE boats have you built and run? I would strongly recommend that you start with a more suitable model, then perhaps work up to the Piranha. The conversion will not be for a beginner.....

Old 07-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Nitro66612
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prather Piranha nitro to electric help

First nitro motor was old and worn out the second was due to it went airbourne and motor rapped out and popped the rod. I've made a few FE before my mrp miss bud was my first one and still got it. I no it takes a bit to convert one that's why Im asking on here first