Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

prop selection

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

prop selection

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 02:37 PM
bucsbw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prop selection

It has been six years since I have been into fast electric boats so i am a little rusty. I bought my son the aquacraft Motley Crew cat. The boat has the stock 6 pole 1800 kv brushless motor with a 60 amp speed controller, and Idon't plan to let him exceed 4s. The boat is also running with the cheap plastic 42 mm prop, which brings me to my question. I want more performance out of this boat with the current motor and speed controller, and am looking for the right three bladed prop that will fit the 3/16" .150 flex shaft, I will need the prop balanced and sharpened as I will make no attempt to do this myself. I just do not know what size or pitch would give my son the best performance. Also, if anyone knows of a solid dealer for these props any info. is greatly appreciated. If anyone on this forum has anything for sale that fits this bill, let me know.

Thanks for the help,
Brian

Last edited by bucsbw; 12-22-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

My MC hit 45 mph with an m445 2-bladed prop, you don't need - nor especially want - a 3-bladed one with the stock motor. Amp draw is higher versus the stock prop, but so is the speed. www.offshoreelectrics./com often has these in stock already balanced and sharpened.