Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

twin motor set up

I recently purchased this boat. It is an all wood construction and set up for twin screws. I also bought a used second gen traxxas villain. I would like to get input on using the components out of the villain in the Chris Craft. I'm not looking to break any speed records with it just tool around the harbor. It is 52" long. Thanks for the help. Rick

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	701.1 KB 
ID:	1984055Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lg-1144250-0-3358.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	1984056

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    that one is hard to say . it could work just fine. not sure what kind of speed you would get ( im guessing 10 -12 mph) as the wood hull is a lot heavier than the villain hull, plus way more friction. i modded my villain to brushless and found at really high speed it wanted to spin out due to flexing in the out drives. but they work great at lower speeds like 15 - 25 mph. if you want more speed i would go a single or double aluminum strut and rudder , with flex cable set up.