Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Need Help with batteries/chargers for Aquacraft Minimono

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Need Help with batteries/chargers for Aquacraft Minimono

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 09:43 AM
eric3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with batteries/chargers for Aquacraft Minimono

So I got a Minimono for my 11 year old's first RC experience. Came with Venom 1320 LIPO 3 pack and a charger.

First trip to the lake was fun but short. Battery did not last more than a few minutes.

So I have done some research, ordered some upgrades to prop and esc and ordered 4 of these http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

My question is about the proper charger/chargers to get them charged as fast as possible. I see lots of amp numbers, etc and info about parrallel charging adaptors but hoping someone can cut through the clutter and tell me what I need.
Was looking at CellPro Multi4 and iCharger 106B but not really sure they are what I need.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Eric
Old 07-14-2014, 02:07 PM
*delete M i k e u p delete*

Your going to have to learn that lipos need time to charge. Your in the learning curve and that is not over night. Read the info on lipos and etc.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:59 PM
eric3

That isn't real helpful Mikeup. Yes, I am in the learning curve, that is why I am asking questions. You say read "the info on lipos". Can you point me to "the info"?
Any suggestions on the charger for me?
Old 07-16-2014, 11:11 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The run time with 1300mah is only going to be 5 min or so. As for charging, you want to charge them at 2C - meaning 2 times the capacity of the battery pack. So a 1300mah at 2C will be 2.6amps. Be sure to balance charge the batteries and don't run them too low (below 3.2V/cell or 9.6V). Doing so will reduce the lifespan of your batteries. The rest isn't rocket science, but there is some care needed to maintain the integrity of the battery. Also remember that Lipo batteries are somewhat volatile. Charge them on cement and don't leave them fully charged. They have been known to catch fire unexpectedly. Not trying to scare you, but the possibility is there so reduce the risk of fire by storing them on concrete away from anything flammable.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:50 PM
*delete M i k e u p delete*

Now to add to the last gentlemans post. When charging lipos , don't leave them alone. Also fires do occur if they get cut in the packaging and smoke and stink. I wanted to find why mine went from 2S to 1S and accidently cut the outer surface, you guessed , out it went. Charger depends if you really enjoy rc boating as a hobby. If so, get a charger that goes from 1S-6S with a balancer/ charger combo. Some years ago, I bought a Common Sense and proved to be easy to use. Some have 4 buttons and a PITA as I have one and the hobby shop man who knows his stuff sent them all back as he couldn't get them right either. I tried 25 times and I'm patient but lost a lot of hair toward last, LOL!