Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

1st boat.... spartan or impulse?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

1st boat.... spartan or impulse?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 09:02 AM
xxxleafybugxxx1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st boat.... spartan or impulse?

Sorry I initially posted this in general before I realized there was a electric speedboat section.Hello all... This is my first post to Rx8 universe.
I am getting a boat soon and I'm not sure which to get. I initially was reading that the spartan had overheating issues.... Upon review I also saw that the impulse did too.
Please give me advice based on your experiences. I've heard good and bad from both... Just need more info.
Thanks
Old 08-20-2015, 08:57 AM
Pheyd

Originally Posted by xxxleafybugxxx1
Sorry I initially posted this in general before I realized there was a electric speedboat section.Hello all... This is my first post to Rx8 universe.
I am getting a boat soon and I'm not sure which to get. I initially was reading that the spartan had overheating issues.... Upon review I also saw that the impulse did too.
Please give me advice based on your experiences. I've heard good and bad from both... Just need more info.
Thanks

Neither, if you want an RTR mono in the 36" range, go for the Proboat Voracity!
http://www.proboatmodels.com/Product...rodID=PRB08018

I own a Spartan and can tell you first hand this thing overheats. It is not a bad boat, but definitely needs upgrades. I've invested a significant amount of money to get it to a point that it is dependable, fast, and fun. But that does not happen out of the box.

I do not own an Impulse, but I've heard similar stories.

Right now, the big boy on the block is the Voracity. It's more expensive than the Spartan or Impulse. But supposedly fixes the issues and runs amazing. It's on my list.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:14 AM
xxxleafybugxxx1

Thanks. I ended up going with the barbwire xl based on cost... I will be getting the voracity for Christmas though!!
Old 08-21-2015, 10:18 AM
Pheyd

Originally Posted by xxxleafybugxxx1
Thanks. I ended up going with the barbwire xl based on cost... I will be getting the voracity for Christmas though!!
I've heard nothing but good things about the Barbwire XL. I own the original Barbwire and it's still one of my fav boats. Don't have to do anything out of the box, self-righting, it's great! The only upgrades I've done is upgraded to a metal prop and put on a proper water outlet (just for aesthetics).

How do you like the XL?