Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Stock 27T Brushed to Brushless Conversion

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Stock 27T Brushed to Brushless Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 02:30 AM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Stock 27T Brushed to Brushless Conversion

I have a DPI crackerbox kit that calls for a 27T brushed motor,but would like to put a brushless in it. What would be a good equalivent brushless motor without over powering it?I'd like to run the motor on a 5000 mah,7.4 v ,Nimh battery pack.I've read it can be done,but Nimh don't pack the punch that a LiPoly does.I won't race it but just want it to move somewhat.Also are ESC's changable between LiPoly and Nimh battteries ?

Last edited by Tidnab; 08-24-2015 at 06:44 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:58 PM
dicko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a look at the aquacraft brushless motors. You will also need a brushless water cooled ESC to go with it.

A brushless ESC will be both Lipo and NiMh compatible, however a brushed ESC may not be.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=dicko;12090762]Have a look at the aquacraft brushless motors. You will also need a brushless water cooled ESC to go with it.

A brushless ESC will be both Lipo and NiMh compatible, however a brushed ESC may not be.[/QUOTE

I saw on a thread about 1/10 crackerboxes that some use an Aqucraft motor and ESC.If I could find good used ones that would be one option.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:53 PM
Patrick125

Hobbypatz sells good brushless motors. You can try the tacon 2858 3200kv motor. It's listed as a car motor but it will be fine with you nimh. You need may need to look else where for a brushless esc that will work with your nimh. Offshore electrics sells the hifel swordfish esc, the swordfish 120 speed control should work well with you nimh, and if you step up to lipo it will work for that too. I personally have the motor and esc which I am suggesting and have tried it with nimhs and lipos. You may even be able to try a 3 cell lipo later on with that combo with limited runtime. (3 minutes) I think a 3 cell lipo and that combo may over power you boat though. But I would recomend this with the nimh pack.
Old 08-31-2015, 09:04 PM
dicko

Have you had a read through this sticky thread?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/spee...ere-first.html

lots of useful info in there.