Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

New to Electric, looking for advice.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

New to Electric, looking for advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 04:48 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New to Electric, looking for advice.

Hello, I have been running nitro boats for years and I want to try out electrics. I have a few options and wanted some opinion. I have two Dumas U1 Hydro's one with a K&B Torpedo .40 in it and it runs pretty fast. and the other is an unpainted hull without hardware. I also have a Dumas deep vee 20 that I have built up the hull with out any hardware in it. Would one of these make a good hull for conversion or should I look toward a RTR or ARTR boat. I want something fast but I don't race so I don't have to be the fastest. I would like to keep cost in mind and spend my dollars in the most efficient way possible. This is why I am asking the question; sure I can convert a old nitro boat to electric but is that the smartest thing to do? I do fly electric planes so I have a supply of 2s and 3s lipos but I don't have to match a boat to the batteries I have unless a good boat choice happens to match.

Thank you,
Cameron
Old 09-20-2015, 05:56 PM
Patrick125

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will recomend that you look for a ready to run boat, I highly recomend the aquacraft revolt 30, out of the box that boat is insane on 4s lipo. I bought one last week and it seems to me that it is approaching 50mph without any upgrades or adjustments. It might be faster than 50 too.