If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Paradise, CA
    My Gallery
    My Models
    My Feedback

Question New to Electric, looking for advice.

Hello, I have been running nitro boats for years and I want to try out electrics. I have a few options and wanted some opinion. I have two Dumas U1 Hydro's one with a K&B Torpedo .40 in it and it runs pretty fast. and the other is an unpainted hull without hardware. I also have a Dumas deep vee 20 that I have built up the hull with out any hardware in it. Would one of these make a good hull for conversion or should I look toward a RTR or ARTR boat. I want something fast but I don't race so I don't have to be the fastest. I would like to keep cost in mind and spend my dollars in the most efficient way possible. This is why I am asking the question; sure I can convert a old nitro boat to electric but is that the smartest thing to do? I do fly electric planes so I have a supply of 2s and 3s lipos but I don't have to match a boat to the batteries I have unless a good boat choice happens to match.

Thank you,

I will recomend that you look for a ready to run boat, I highly recomend the aquacraft revolt 30, out of the box that boat is insane on 4s lipo. I bought one last week and it seems to me that it is approaching 50mph without any upgrades or adjustments. It might be faster than 50 too.