Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Need help with Miss Geico 24.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Need help with Miss Geico 24.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 12:00 AM
buchin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Miss Geico 24.

Hi, everyone.

My Miss Geico 24" have been very slow since I bought it. Boat runs 100 meters per minute what means about 5.57 fts/second or 3.75 miles/hour. Fully charged battery still gives 8V. May be brushed motor DYNM3840 15T is out of order ? Does anyone know what speed should this boat get in still water ?
Anyway, I asked for advice how to upgrade this boat and make speed faster (spending less money for upgrade). In my opinion I should change motor for brushless system (with control as well), may be to gain size of prop.
I have 2 pcs of new 2S, 2000 mAh, 7.4V LiPo batteries hope it will be useful in new system.
Looking for yuor advice: what equipment I have to use with no problems to fit it and mount on boat. I mean same size of motor holder and collet on drive shaft.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by buchin; 05-17-2016 at 03:40 AM.
Old 05-19-2016, 03:02 PM
dontrinko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine is stock. I use a 3200 or 4000 mah 20c lipo. My gps shows top speed of 16 mph. The motor is very hard on battery's. (draws a lot of current. ) Try one of the 2000 mah lipos.
The 2000 mah lipos should work but run time may only be a couple minutes. Do not make the prop any larger but check to make sure the drive shaft turns freely. Don