Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

HobbyKing Hydropro Inception

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

HobbyKing Hydropro Inception

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Pilot_Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyKing Hydropro Inception

I just ordered a Hobbyking Inception of Hobbykings website. They have a ARR and RTR version. I got the RTR version because it was cheaper(by 40 dollars) than the ARR version. I don't understand that lol. Why would the Inception WITH the transmitter be way less than the one without the transmitter? I also got two 3s Turnigy 6,000 MAH 65c batteries. Anyways..cheap boat and pretty nice for the money. Only complaints are the XT-90 connectors...easily replaced.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:22 AM
Got RPM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Look at the original pricing, the RTR was more expensive. Probably due to low sales volume HK dropped the RTR price to move inventory. Don't worry, they'll still turn a profit.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:43 AM
Pilot_Guy

Originally Posted by Got RPM
Look at the original pricing, the RTR was more expensive. Probably due to low sales volume HK dropped the RTR price to move inventory. Don't worry, they'll still turn a profit.

Yepp the original price was 272 for the RTR. I go *** for 213.00 so I am happy. I almost got the ARR version for 252.00 until I noticed the RTR. Also the ARR version description says "Hydropro inception lite. Where the RTR version says "Hydropro Inception" and not lite. I am assuming the Lite means it doesn't have a receiver or transmitter. I just hope it doesn't mean the lite version has a better hull or better motor or something.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:55 AM
Scaleman3

Default Inception

I bought this boat last year and it has been great and very fast, thou only for about 4 min. with the dual 3s 5000 packs. Wish it was fiberglass instead of plastic but it is what it is. Hope they come out with bigger ( 48 in. ) boats soon. I bought the XT-90 charge plate with banana plugs from them as well so I can charge both batteries at the same time, well worth it!! Don't forget to storage charge those batteries when your done. Those Turnigies will go bad if you don't.

Last edited by Scaleman3; 06-01-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:12 PM
Pilot_Guy

I got the inception today and it is very impressive. However the batteries seem way to big. I got 6,000 mah, 65c 3s, while it calls for 5,000 mah. Would the size be that much different? These are heavy too. I think I screwed up getting them.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:43 PM
Pilot_Guy

Mm

Last edited by Pilot_Guy; 06-06-2017 at 12:45 PM. Reason: re copy
Old 06-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Scaleman3

Default Batteries

Yeh those won't fit,
The batteries they call for are 3s 5000 40c which are 144x51x27mm, which are a tight fit to start with,Your 3s 6000 65c are 168x69x26mm which are way to big.You may have a blessing in disguise, if they would have fit you would probably have burned your ESC. Those that come with that boat are weak to start with so you may have lucked out. Stick with what a manufacturer recommends, there is a reason for it, whether a fit issue or a overpower issue, in your case, both, The boat is fast enough with what they recommend.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Pilot_Guy

The 5000 which I wanted wer eon back order, so I didn't think the 6,000 would be much bigger. I'm working with hobbyking to return for probably the Nanotech which they do have right now. I only looked at the batteries I have once from inside the pouch and knew they were too big. I am also hearing of getting run times of just two to 6 minutes. Seems blah for so much battery juice.

I've read about the XT90's being too weak for the amps and Just being a 90 amp ESC. No problem though....I'll get a couple of batteries and run it and if something burns up I'll get a better ESC and connectors. I can't wait to get it going, it looks great and pretty big in size. It is pretty impressive to look at. So far I have lubed up the flex shaft, checked every nut and everything is in place and solid. I also noticed a cooling line was kinked near the motor cooler inlet. I cut it down and worked out the kink. I'm thinking of puttling in some harder cooling line just for assurance it won't kink or suck closed. Very cheap improvement.

Never had a magnitude of boat like this before, so it will be a learning experience. So far I am liking it a lot.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Pilot_Guy

I see they price of the Inception went up 100.00 I don't understand, just last week I payed 213.00 ready to run, now it's 317.00
Old 06-12-2017, 06:20 AM
Scaleman3

Default Inception

That's Hobbyking, prices change with the inventory and sales along with supply and demand. Also if they know there not going to continue production they hold out for a better price. That is why you have to keep checking there pricing all the time when you have a product in mind and maybe wait till the price drops to buy like you did or just luck out.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:22 AM
Pilot_Guy

[QUOTE=Scaleman3;12343745]That's Hobbyking, prices change with the inventory and sales along with supply and demand. Also if they know there not going to continue production they hold out for a better price. That is why you have to keep checking there pricing all the time when you have a product in mind and maybe wait till the price drops to buy like you did or just luck out.

That's insane. I got the RTR boat plus two batteries for 366.00 Add another 100.00 now and it's 466.00. I'm also thinking mine could of been a return, because the box was not taped shut and a bit dirty. Nothing missing and I don't even think it was pulled out of the box, but possibly someone got it and realized this is no toy for their kid...something like that. No big deal to me....I checked everything over real nicely. Could of been the reason for the 100 dollar discount which is nice,
Old 06-19-2017, 10:26 AM
OutlawRC

I ordered mine a few days ago (US stock) and it's still sitting at the same price showing $100 off with $20 shipping.
Pretty funny how fast their prices fluctuate and different also between warehouses.
At least they shipped out very quickly, I know sometimes there seems to be quite a wait.

Last edited by OutlawRC; 06-19-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:03 AM
Scaleman3

Default HK Inception

Originally Posted by OutlawRC
I ordered mine a few days ago (US stock) and it's still sitting at the same price showing $100 off with $20 shipping.
Pretty funny how fast their prices fluctuate and different also between warehouses.
At least they shipped out very quickly, I know sometimes there seems to be quite a wait.
Let us know how you like it.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:44 AM
OutlawRC

I like it very well so far sitting on the shelf, LoL. Only been able to test it in the 32ft pool so far getting a couple blips out of it but probably not enough to fill the cooling lines yet. Going to get it wet in the river this weekend on 4s. Should know more then.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:19 AM
Scaleman3

4s, now that's 2 2s, one on each side right? You can also do 2 3s as well as I'm sure you know, that really get's it rocking! Just don't do 2 4s, they will not fit, nor will anything over 5000mah.

Last edited by Scaleman3; 06-28-2017 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:52 AM
OutlawRC

Yeah, I have 2 2s batteries. Actually 4 matched 2s for back to back runs (2 each run). Figured I'd try them for a round before moving to 6s. I'll have to have some 6s on hand for the occasional speed run with buddies around here, but my main interest is the Lake water where it's not so smooth. I believe 4s will be perfect on the chop.

Why not over 5000mah? I think mine are 65c or 75c batteries and pretty sure they are over 5000mah. Not by much but either 5500 or 6500. I believe 6500mah.
I'll have to look.

Of course you might be talking about fitting the batteries in the compartment once I get 3s on each side? If so, that's good info to know...
Old 06-29-2017, 07:04 AM
Scaleman3

Originally Posted by OutlawRC
Yeah, I have 2 2s batteries. Actually 4 matched 2s for back to back runs (2 each run). Figured I'd try them for a round before moving to 6s. I'll have to have some 6s on hand for the occasional speed run with buddies around here, but my main interest is the Lake water where it's not so smooth. I believe 4s will be perfect on the chop.

Why not over 5000mah? I think mine are 65c or 75c batteries and pretty sure they are over 5000mah. Not by much but either 5500 or 6500. I believe 6500mah.
I'll have to look.

Of course you might be talking about fitting the batteries in the compartment once I get 3s on each side? If so, that's good info to know...
Read the posts from 6/7, 8. You only have so much room inside and that's it, too big, no fit. Also the ESC it comes with will not do much over 45c for long. Just my experience with HK products.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:05 AM
OutlawRC

Gotcha, makes sense. I had read the entire thread initially but been a little while.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:51 PM
Pilot_Guy

I got 6,000 MAH batteries and they were way too big, so had to ship them back to HB and took a 40 dollar loss which sucks. I got the 5,000 65c ones and they fit. So far the boat is still in the box and I have only charged the batteries and discharged to storage percentage. I'm hoping by next week I can spend a day just getting it ready, lubed and broke in a little bit at the lake. My dad wants to see it go real bad.
Old 07-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Pilot_Guy

Originally Posted by Scaleman3
Also the ESC it comes with will not do much over 45c for long. Just my experience with HK products.
So the 65c will make the ESC over heat and burn up? I always thought more 'C' is better all the way around.
Old 07-05-2017, 06:26 AM
Scaleman3

Just my experience with HK products, you have to read the limits very carefully on ANY electrical products from HK, or any other for that matter. More C is better for power IF your ESC can handle it. The ESC will last if you keep down to 45C. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:35 AM
OutlawRC

Originally Posted by Scaleman3
Let us know how you like it.
Love it on my initial run weekend. I stuck with 4s total and had plenty of power for the river. On 6s I probably would have had to chase it with the Kayak a time or two.
On 4s I trimmed and tabbed all the way up to get the front end out of the water. On half throttle turns the nose stayed planted in the water more than expected, but probably a good thing to keep the boat bottom side down. I have the turn tabs at the recommended 45 degrees but suppose these can be adjusted out if changes are needed.

Yeah, I'd like to get a 6s set up for the ego boost and occasional WoW factor, along with a speed run every now and then with friends on smooth water, but for my normal runabout style of driving 4s was really good. Motor and ESC stayed at very good temps (only a bit warm to the touch) but the connectors got hot enough I propped them up on cardboard after unhooking the batteries to keep them from touching the hull or anything inside for a while. This seem to be par per most of what I've read on the boat and the main concern I had.

All in all it was a great time!
Old 07-05-2017, 06:14 PM
OutlawRC

I was going to order my 7 yr old the Proboat Riverjet today, however it appears they have been yanked off the shelves for a recall for some of their issues. Looks like I may order another Inception instead. Just wish there were different color combinations like the Spartan. At least something a little different. Might stick some bright number decals or something on his. Maybe a different color windscreen.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:22 PM
OutlawRC

Placed the order for another one today. I am curious, will most of the Spartan external hardware fit on this boat? Are the props, etc interchangeable between the two boats?
Old 07-12-2017, 05:51 AM
OutlawRC

Pro-Boat finally replied after I submitted a whole conversation with questions basically talking to myself it seemed...they simply said all the issues have been fixed, LMAO. Glad I ordered another Inception now. Seems the online rep for Pro-Boat didn't really want to uphold standards equal to or back up their good reputation. Think I wasted my time even attempting to discuss the their model with them. Their online chat said online/ready to chat and normal reply within an hour. I got their initial reply about a week later. Oh well. Just had to vent for a sec...

Ordered some vinyl to attempt some different colors in small places on my son's Inception. Going to do the windshield in Chrome red. Will try to do a couple small places somewhere on the hull in the same color. That way they are a bit different and can tell them apart, especially in the water.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.