Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Not Sure Where To Start.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Not Sure Where To Start.

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 10:04 AM
Cepted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Sure Where To Start.

I've had my SV27 brushless for quite some time now, have just never gotten around to using it. Would love to get it working and on the water, just have no clue where to start or what to do to check. If anyone could give me tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

(Haven't done any sort of RC in about 3-4 years so bare with me here)
Old 06-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Okay, there's a few things to be doing before you throw it on the water:
1) Charge up the batteries for your transmitter, receiver and motor. If you have a battery cycler, I'd put them through at least one charge/discharge/charge cycle. This will give you an indication on the condition of your batteries as well as reduce the chance of the batteries getting a memory
2) Check the radio system, making sure everything works as it should. This includes doing a range check so that you can be assured that the receiver will pick up the transmitter's signal at a distance. It will also give you a general idea about how far away your radio system will let you go
3) Remove the drive line and apply a coating of new grease. This will prevent the shaft from having bare areas that could corrode as well as helping to keep water out of the boat
There's a good start for you, there's other things that some my suggest as well
Old 08-02-2018, 11:44 PM
joshreynolds777
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lipos can get a memory !!??
Been at this a long time and haven't heard that ! wow
Old 08-03-2018, 05:43 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Not sure on lipos, I do know nicads do. To prevent nicads from developing a memory, normally at a lower charge than they are designed to hold, cycling is used. It wouldn't hurt to cycle lipos since, if they are older, they may or may not be in good shape. Cycling can tell you a lot about your battery packs