Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

can u fish w/ boats

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

can u fish w/ boats

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 10:22 PM
tc4savage25TT-01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can u fish w/ boats

if u have please post w/ what boat and stuff under the hood
Old 01-16-2006, 10:40 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Default RE: can u fish w/ boats

I have heard of guys using rc boats to take their line out further from shore and also to drop chum to attract fisn, but I have not heard of anyone fishing with one. First of all it would have to be like a tug boat. It would not take much of a fish to sink most of the boats that we talk about on this forum. Maybe try the scale boat forum.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:09 AM
toxic 2U

It's been done . Somewhere in these boat fourms there is a post on the topic .
Old 01-17-2006, 12:13 AM
toxic 2U

Here it is http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2310946/tm.htm
Old 01-17-2006, 01:52 PM
bubby83

I've bee thinking about trying this but I'm gonna rig a quick release to the line so i reel it in with a reel.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:30 PM
CadillacDTS2001

i did i used a kyosho blad runner in stock form and i kust put a line on the back that was 4 frrt long and sent it out i couagh 2 small mouth bass at about 2 lbs and one rock bass at 4 lbs
Old 01-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Wheelnut

eyekandy19, so give us a fishing story Was the 4 pounder easy to pull in? Was there any close calls? like did the fish try to pull the boat under?
Old 01-17-2006, 05:06 PM
CadillacDTS2001

well lol get a bog of popcorn ready lol
ok so there i was on the end of the dock!!!! nono lol JK

well i first got the idea to just bring the lure out in the lake and drop it so its like a really far cast but then i tie the string on the end of the boat and it was a calm day so i dont ususaly put a water proof hatech on it just the scale hatch and i go out with a full battery and catch the first fish at 2 lbs and full battery it was easy to pull inn actualy the fish pulled in the boat cuz when he tryed to swimm away he swam to the docks so that was eazy then the other 2 lbs fish he just ripped on it i saw the bow of the boat go up and when i was driving it back in (very slow) you could see the fish pulling on it and the boat is jerking from side to side after i got it in i sent it back out wit a rock in the bow for weight so that it wouldnt flip no i send it out about 20 mins from when i first put it in so it was a half battery and i said to my self this would be the last time befor i go to charge it and then all of a sudden the back of the bat cvant bee seen the bow is up at a 45 degree angle and the fish is draging it away from me farthe and fratehe so after 3 mins of fighting with it so that it would get closer and closer the boat gave up all power , it was completely dead so im like of poop wt do i do now, i ran to my cruiser(boat) and pulled out the deck hand( a thing that extends like to 20 feet to putt u in to the dock) and i grab it then it comes un stuck and i do it again finaly i have it in my hand i put the boat up on the dock and take a gander at the fish and it was like a foot long !!!! then i releas it and i open up the scale boat hatch and rememder that i didnt put on the water proof hatch i look in it and it was a merical it was a float the motor was fryed and lucky i had the reciver in a ballon and the esc was water proof but the reason the boat stope was because the battery shorted out and stoped .
so theres my story
Old 01-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Wheelnut

Thanks Eyekandy, that was a good story, wish I could have been there to see it
Believe it or not, that is what I imagined would happen if someone used a rc boat for fishing, except for the part of catching two 2 lb fish. and I must say you were very lucky to get your boat back after the 4 lb fish was finished with it I also imagined a fish pulling the boat under never to be seen again.[:@] It would be really cool if someone could get a video of one of these experiences of catching a fish with a rc boat.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:07 PM
CadillacDTS2001

ok i will get a vid of it mext year rite now the water is hard lol it was pretty cool
altho i dont think i will do it again lolbut one more time cant hurt lol
Old 01-24-2006, 09:17 PM

next time dont fish for bass some will pull your boat under try to catch brim or crappy or some other small fish wouldnt want you to lose your boat.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: grk65

Thanks Eyekandy, that was a good story, wish I could have been there to see it
Believe it or not, that is what I imagined would happen if someone used a rc boat for fishing, except for the part of catching two 2 lb fish. and I must say you were very lucky to get your boat back after the 4 lb fish was finished with it I also imagined a fish pulling the boat under never to be seen again.[:@] It would be really cool if someone could get a video of one of these experiences of catching a fish with a rc boat.
Click on the link above and go down a few posts - there is a vid of someone catching a fish with the boat! I just watched it!
Old 01-25-2006, 03:23 PM
CadillacDTS2001

ORIGINAL: c-crum

next time dont fish for bass some will pull your boat under try to catch brim or crappy or some other small fish wouldnt want you to lose your boat.

thanks tips