Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

CEN Wave Shark questions

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

CEN Wave Shark questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:03 PM
AlexKramer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEN Wave Shark questions

My Kyosho RC surfer is taking a beating under brushless power (and my dare-devil driving near fixed objects).

I'm looking for a new boat that I could transfer my electronics into. The CEN Wave Shark (RC Jet-Ski) looks very cool. Does anyone here have this boat? Is it self-righting? If so, does it need the "driver" on board to self-right? That is the best feature of the RC surfer... you can drive it through anything and it will always right itself and it's sealed very well. Does the Wave Shark take on water easily? The stock version does not have water cooling, can it be easily added? Can the Wave Shark turn sharply? The videos on offshoreelectrics.com show it running but not through any tight turns.

If you where I can find more videos of it in action, please tell me.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:07 PM
cheeseclip

Default RE: CEN Wave Shark questions

go to offshoreelectrics.com and have a look at the video
Old 04-11-2006, 07:28 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Cheeseclip, Alex said the video did not show what he was looking for.
Alex, Go to Offshoreelectrics.com and email tech support through their online link and ask Steve, he will be able to answer your question. They also have a cool race top for the wave shark.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:28 PM
Dave 6.0

I have the modified Wave Shark and it is loads of fun. I have flipped it without the rider on it and it didn't right its self (well duh). When it flipped it was in the water for a while before I could retrieve it, it just about completely filled with water but didn't sink. Also, you will need to tape the top to seal it, even so, water will get in so water proof your rx somehow. I forgot to tape the top once, didn't waterproof the rx, and after a while, it took off full bore, no stearing. After a while it ran aground and well, now I'm on WS #2.

This is my first boat with any kind of speed. I have spun it out on light waves (maybe 4" - 6"?) doing zig zagging or turning hard at full throttle, and also flipped it once the same way as I mentioned above. I guess it will turn pretty good but you can flip it esp. in waves (duh again).

Now I have the rider on and haven't tested self righting yet. It may depend on which batteries are used and how they are positioned, but with the ones I have there isn't much choice.

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71631.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	443609  
Old 04-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Dave 6.0

By the way, I installed water cooling coil on the motor using the instructions on the Offshoreelectrics web site, and it was pretty easy. [link]http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/[/link]

Pack the tube with salt first and wrap coil it around a spice bottle or something slightly less diameter as your motor. Don't forget to remove the salt
Old 04-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Kevin from FL

Alex,

I also have the modified Wave Shark Extreme and have yet to flip it over with the new Race hatch (never ran it with the Jetski hatch.) The water I run in isn't very rough but I have done many 180, 360 and 720 degree turns without flipping over.

This boat isn't as waterproof as the Surfer but can be alot of fun.

Here is a link to a page I put together of my Shark.

My Shark
Old 04-11-2006, 11:05 PM
cheeseclip

sorry i did read it but not good enough
Old 04-12-2006, 12:04 AM
AlexKramer

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like it needs to be heavily modified in order to not take on water. It would be nice if a manufacturer would make a water-tight, self-righting boat (besides the Kyosho Surfer). I like the surface piercing drive of the Wave Shark for the added speed and cool rooster tail effect.