Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Aqua Craft Reef Racer

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Aqua Craft Reef Racer

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Rogue Sub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aqua Craft Reef Racer

Me and my father were both in the hobby store one day looking at n scale trains and helicopters when we stumbled upon the Aquacraft Reef Racer. After a few minute of discussion we both picked out a color and took these little boats home to charge them up.
After getting them out to the lake we quikly decided they were alot of fun to race and pretty handy to have around (accidentaly casted off my Akula without turning it on. Used both boats to bring it back in). You can beat the crap out of these little boats and their range was excellent as well.
Weve now gotten bored with the limited speed and are now in competition with each other to see who can make a faster boat.

My question to all of you is this. HAs anyone made one of these faster and what have you done. SO far ive installed a new motor. but im currious if anyone has changed the prop or even modified the rudder for even sharper steering. Any info would be welcome
Old 08-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Default RE: Aqua Craft Reef Racer

Yes, if you are willing to spend the money you can make it like a bullet. All you need is a Mamba brushless system I recommend the 5400kv system. You can go to www.offshoreelectrics.com and get an adaptor that will allow you to run larger props, but don't do it unless you upgrade the motor and esc or you will burn the stock set up.

PS, if you are not willing to spend some money, then forget it.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:56 AM
Capgun_Slim

That site is pretty big. I can't find what's right for upgrading. I'm surprised they don't have any brushless stuff. I've been wanting to get a RR2 and make it scream, but I can't find any posts on here, on what I'm supposed to modify. It looks like I'd need that adapter you were talking about, but do you know for sure if it fits a Mamba motors driveshaft? Then, what kind of prop would I use exactly? Any help on this is much appreciated.

BTW, I have a Mamba 8000kv in my RC18T I could use, or, I also have a Hyperion YC-22 6000kv that might work as well. Both have the Mamba 25 ESC's.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

The adaptor does not hook up to the mamba, it only changes the prop adaptor size. Not sure about the motor end. Ask steve at offshore. Just click on the contact link and email him. As for the motors you have go, I would not use them. You need a lower kv rating, like 5400 or 6800 at the most.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Rogue Sub

Well I finally did it! Shes really fast. If i put 11.1v lipo in it I need a football field to get to speed it cavitates so much!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAFuWsR1Rrc
Old 02-25-2010, 03:37 PM
10x8

What I like so much about overpowered reef racers is the laughter! Good work.
Watch out for the poor old man though, ha ha.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:20 PM
Rogue Sub

She is usually the center of attention when out on the water.. It really is a funny thing watch.