Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

I HATE EBAYERS SELLING FAST ELECTRIC BOATS! Except One (1)

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

I HATE EBAYERS SELLING FAST ELECTRIC BOATS! Except One (1)

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 06:28 PM
BACKEMF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HATE EBAYERS SELLING FAST ELECTRIC BOATS! Except One (1)

That's it I'm not answering any more questions about some of these Ebay So called RTR FAST ELECTRIC BOATS, sold by slick vendors from over seas.

THEY ARE CRAP! with one POSSIBLE exclusion, of which I posted a pic and a link to Ebay in that silly NQD thread:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3137775/tm.htm

It's great to see people trying to learn by improving something but it's a disposable peice of carp. Would you modify a $60 bubblejet printer to go faster and print better?

I wish I could stop them from selling that garbage to people and maybe if people will see a decent FE boat on Ebay then FE boat racing could take off easier. Ebay is killing our FE sport, it was thin enough before all this junk.

Now that I'm done ranting, how about you check this one out? it's only 18" long but an inexpensive B540 8S Feigao and B/L ESC will really be fun on 6 cells.

It's also Fiberglass, not plastic recycled from your last broken Bubble jet printer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5942676909

BTW, I Emailed the seller to change the Listing title to "Hydroplane" instead of "Hydroplace" I think he may appreciate it and sell more. It's a nice looking boat with a very cheap 550 whatever motor and ESC.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:07 PM
verado

Default RE: I HATE EBAYERS SELLING FAST ELECTRIC BOATS! Except One (1)

I totally agree with you.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:52 PM
ubhauled
My Feedback: (1)

i could not possibly agree more...
those NQD things, should not be sold as fast electrics EVER!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:21 PM
rooski

I agree about the large # of PO* boats on ebay but the one you singled out as OK looks like a bad deal to me. It may be fiberglass but everything in it will have to go if you want it to be remotely fast. For $249, you can do a lot better.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:47 PM
poobee

lol, omg thats a crap ass boat, i sent the guy a message asking for priceing on bulk buys, i would love to know how cheep thay will go. couldent imagen thay be worh any more than $100.
Old 08-03-2006, 05:03 AM
ricktkenny

Dont knock them, I agree that they are cheap and some of them are nasty, but I have purchased on from Maplin which is the same as the ones sold on ebay for 19.99 which is about 12 dollars, you get a 1800 sc pack 7.2 volts and everthiong else to go, I bought it for a kid but after testing it on the lake it was far to fast for him and turns on a dime, OK it's only proportional steering but boy it turns sharpish.

I reckon its 15 mph easy and thats just with cheap nast speed 380, mine now as 480 and 9.6 volts up it ass and I reckon on 22-25mph with the front end right up out of the water.

Plus the fact that these cheap boat dont damage your sport they get people into it as they try and get more speed.

You sound like the old boys at the flying club who complain out ARTF's, we all know that they saved the sport of flying and made it what it is today.

If I had not bought a cheap boat I would never had started boating in the first place,

I will put some video up of the boat running, watch the rooster?????
Old 08-03-2006, 11:40 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: ricktkenny

Dont knock them, I agree that they are cheap and some of them are nasty, but I have purchased on from Maplin which is the same as the ones sold on ebay for 19.99 which is about 12 dollars, you get a 1800 sc pack 7.2 volts and everthiong else to go, I bought it for a kid but after testing it on the lake it was far to fast for him and turns on a dime, OK it's only proportional steering but boy it turns sharpish.

I reckon its 15 mph easy and thats just with cheap nast speed 380, mine now as 480 and 9.6 volts up it ass and I reckon on 22-25mph with the front end right up out of the water.

Plus the fact that these cheap boat dont damage your sport they get people into it as they try and get more speed.

You sound like the old boys at the flying club who complain out ARTF's, we all know that they saved the sport of flying and made it what it is today.

If I had not bought a cheap boat I would never had started boating in the first place,

Yes you are right, but you missed some of what happens. Sometimes they buy the cheap boat and say "crap, that boats slow, that sucks for what I paid for it" Then the find out how much it cost or how much work it takes to get her going fast and they put it in a closet never to put it in the water again. So sometimes it hurts the hobby.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:33 PM
BACKEMF

I know this is not the greatest for $250 but compared to some stuff, it's a jewel.

As for these units helping the hobby of Fast Electric, I don't really agree with that. In our club of 20'ish not one has started with an Ebay toy.

When people come to our races and freak out at seeing 45+ mph they are either hooked or not, and after 15+ years of these interactions I can firmly say BuKaka! More of our club members were lost due to the expense of the equipment and/or the fact that $$money$ makes alot more speed, and you have to face it, fast electric boating and/or racing takes alot more attention to detail than most RC hobbies. Give a race a try, you can't just toss a boat out of the boax into the pond to race with maybe one exception coming the end of the month. The Aquacraft supervee27.
Old 08-03-2006, 11:24 PM
kennyc

ORIGINAL: ricktkenny

I agree with you rickt. I was always into flying and got myself a al-cheapo NQD highwing to see if i could ever get into boating.
i guess i am into my second boat now.
http://www.hobbychina.com/English/Pr...N_A6_590EP.htm
Old 08-04-2006, 02:22 AM
JunkieFX

Man Im not sure but I never thought that I would live to see the day a hyrdo porposed..... maybe it was just my imagation. Yeah the ebay stuff is crap, BUT you have to think, that stuff isnt ment for us. Its ment for the guy who wants to give the kid a toy. -shrugs- Dunno just my opinion. I was however thinking about taking one of the Llumars and putting a Fiago in it that would be kinda fun... but I could probably build a hyrdo cheaper then buying that hull its like what... $180 for all the glass I think?
Old 08-04-2006, 05:42 AM
kennyc

ORIGINAL: rooski

I agree about the large # of PO* boats on ebay but the one you singled out as OK looks like a bad deal to me. It may be fiberglass but everything in it will have to go if you want it to be remotely fast. For $249, you can do a lot better.
I think for $249 it is a rip off.
may be $150+

wait a sec.. this look deceptively similar to this i found.
http://www.fuyuanrc.com/en/detail.asp?id=12187
and it goes for $120 only!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:25 AM
BACKEMF

KEN NYC you are wise, and thanks for blowing the lid off the $250 price tag of the Ebay one that I posted. Now for $120, yes it is a good deal, for a newbie, and a 15 turn would most likely be good enough to get it going a decent speed.

I wonder if the $120 one (which is identicle to the $250 one!) will cost you $70 in shipping anyway???

I was just making apoint that there is alot of crap out there, and if people buy this crap after seeing a REAL fast electric boat they become dissatisfied quickly and it collects dust and Fast electric gets labelled as a useless endeavour.

I have heard however that this guy is terrible to deal with. So....
Old 08-09-2006, 04:05 AM
ricktkenny

Some good responses and I agree with some of them, Ebay boats have no chance in a race and never will. but it might just inspire people to get a go on to faster things and spend a little cash. For me it started with a pile of crap from NQD. It slugged at 5 mph at more leaks than the Titanic and was utter utter crap. I did not give up, I just put speed 480's in sealed the hull put in a speed controller and rudder. It still was slow at about 15 miles an hour but we had some fun putting more cvolts through the motors.

I now have a fastish jet drive boat and again have had fun getting it to go a little quicker, its no on 24 cells and is way fast enough for me.

The boat I purchased from the toyshop for 19.99 (40 or so dollars) no as 480's speed control and rudder, on 11.1 volts it fair old shifts.

Even without the addition of speed control and rudder, just by changing two motors and the battery pack it was shifting along with a good spary of water out the back. I tell you that when people saw it shift they all went and got one as a throw in the car cheap runaround.

Maybe a coiple of brushless 400 size motors is the next step in this TOY any ideas what kind to get???????
Old 08-09-2006, 05:49 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The flying fish is not a bad ebay hull either: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_43..._1/key_/tm.htm