Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

New boat

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:11 PM
imnew4321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New boat

ok, i think i went a little extreme in my estimate for this boat. I was looking a graupner 820bb motor and it said that the motor itself weighs one pound. How would this work
Old 03-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Crabstick

820bb is a heavy motor, and you will need like 18 cells to get it working well. adding even more weight
Old 03-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Crabstick

a Fiegao 12xl brushless direct drive on 12 cells might be a better option than a 820bb

see www.unitedhobbies.com for Fiegao motors and Hextronic ESC's i can vouch for the hextronic as a very good cheap esc
Old 03-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Quicksilver1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Crabstick

a Fiegao 12xl brushless direct drive on 12 cells might be a better option than a 820bb

see www.unitedhobbies.com for Fiegao motors and Hextronic ESC's i can vouch for the hextronic as a very good cheap esc

That's pretty much what I thought just didnt know exactly what feigao. The titan 29, could possibly sink with an 820 and 18 cells. It wouldnt jump out of the water much, but it might go underwater.

Go vrushless.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Crabstick

i think the trick to getting a titan to handle tho is to keep the motor etc low as possible to keep the COG low, and raising the stuffing tube up in the transom a little to let the keel sit down in the water a bit, this ive heard works well to combat chine walk, which is my pet hate of monos, the hull im building at the moment is very very close to the titan angle wise and length etc... a member in our club has set his up with the motor really high and its really unstable ...
Old 03-13-2007, 08:26 PM
imnew4321

Ok, thanks guys, I cant wait to get this boat in a couple weeks or so. Thanks for all of the help