Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Zig Zag Racer Mod or Upgrade Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Zig Zag Racer Mod or Upgrade Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 11:49 PM
jasonwipf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zig Zag Racer Mod or Upgrade Forum

Here is a Zig Zag modified with cooling system. Electronics taken from std. Hobbyking shelf $90 worth.

The water pick up is a simple angled end aluminum tube (too soft use copper if you are going to do) that I drilled into the hull and is held secure by a strong shoe goo like cement that feels like silicone to the touch. Water comes in solid at about 50% throttle +, hits my ESC then motor. Other than that it was all bolt on mods.

With the stock pack it is about 15-20% faster. I popped a 3s lipo in there and it exceeded the hull speed limit and began to fly out of the water just like this guy in this video.

Each time I use it the esc and motor temp at only 75deg F with ambient air at about 70 and water at 60. I have this 2s lipo on the way and should make it just right.
Old 06-24-2015, 07:15 AM
darticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there an easy way to get this to also run slow in reverse? Thanks Ron