Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Will this work how well or how bad?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Will this work how well or how bad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Joerockhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will this work how well or how bad?

I have a 29-ft catamaran step hull with an 1800 KV motor I'm wanting to put dual 3S in series, (6s) batteries 10,000 MVH 120c and control it with a 150 ESC. I have a 40 mm prop. Hoping to be up around the 70 +range. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated , or am I way off base? thanks in advance Joe.

Last edited by Joerockhead; 08-28-2023 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-29-2023, 02:25 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I'm assuming you mean a 29 INCH cat step hull with the rest of the specs you've included. Now, as far as your questions go:
  • 6S will probably be fine with a 1800KV motor. What kind of batteries are they?
  • Not sure where you're getting the 10,000MVH from since voltage isn't measured in hours. Could you be referring to mAH, which is a measurement of amps over time?
  • I don't see why a 150 amp ESC wouldn't work in your configuration, depending on the battery type. 120C puts out a lot of power
  • A 40mm prop at what pitch? Higher pitches require more power to push but will give more speed than a lower pitched prop.
Somehow I doubt you will reach 70MPH since a club in my area(Seattle) races 1:10th scale hydroplanes that are slightly larger than your cat and they don't get anywhere near 70, running 4S packs