Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Super Vee Blues...

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Super Vee Blues...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 11:53 AM
773W
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Vee Blues...

Well after following posts on here for a long time , I'v made the decision to pick up a SV27 BL. I bought it back at the beging of Aug-07, Brought it home ,put on the stickers, and found a home for it on my shelf. After solering on the deans plugs on my new DX 4200 6cells and giving them a good charge, I decided to give it a go. I turned on my radio, pluged in my new bats as per the manual, and nothing happend. No beeps, no nothing. After testing the bats in another boat ( Ii also have a Villan EX) I gave the Service dept a call. They told me i had a bad ESC and I have to send it in for warrenty work.[&o] It was sent @ Mid Aug-07 priority mail hoping I may see it before the ice setts in.After checking there web site they stated that it needed "back order parts". This was posted for about 2 months, and then just the other day it finaly found its way back to me.To my supprise, when I opened the box, there in front of me was a new boat still in the plastic wrap!All the time i thought I was waiting for a repair, and waited contently.Im very disapointed knowing they could have sent a new boat at any time, but convinced me to wait for parts. Now I have to wait till next spring to get this thing in the water[&o].So now it lives on my shelf where I'll look at it all winter being reminded of my sad story. My wife doesnt feel my pain, but i know someone here will understand.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:44 PM
DUSTINNEWTON

Default RE: Super Vee Blues...

That's rough. I had that happen with an AXE CP heli last year. It was DOA out of the box and since I bought it the day they were released, no spare parts were available, and they had shipped all new units to retailers. I had to wait 3 months for them to get more in from overseas. Hang in there, maybe you'll get a chance to run it sooner than you think.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:16 PM
SV27dayton

Dumb question: Did you test it this time?

Trust no one.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:38 PM
773W

Yes i did test it and Im happy to say everything works fine. The prop has a little nick on it, but thats one of the first up-grades I plan on doing. As for running it, That will definatly have to wait till spring, Its -25C here today and all the lakes and ponds have been frozzen over for weeks. Darn Canadian winters!
Old 11-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Avanti27offshore

damn it's 79'f and sun shinning here, sorry for your luck, but hey you will have prenty of time to get the boat fully race prepped. Read the boards a few times to see what people are doing before you buy anything. For example I bought the port turn fin and have no intention of puting it on because in my opinion it is not needed. you live and learn (but the fin is in my box incase I change my mind at some point.

get some other project going and spring will be there before you know it, or you can just come down here for a visit.

JL
Old 11-28-2007, 04:04 PM
slivic003

Man -25c ....Thats cold !! I just got my sv27 about 3 weeks ago and it runs pretty good . I ran it last night in my pond ! It is in the 70's F here . I did have a bad batt pack right from the start . Called hobbico and no ques . they are sending me a new one . Two things you will need to do . Upgrade the prop and move your batteries forward a bit to balance out the boat better . Wow frozen over pond , I might get ice in a puddle of water where I live . I haven't even seen snow that stays on the ground for more than a minute since 1989 !
Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 PM
773W

Well the props are on the way, more to replace the chiped one it came with. Im probably not going to go overboard with any race preps do to a lack of other RC boat owners.But none the less, i too have an extra turn fin in my caddy. I'll have all winter to try and find someone else to race with though!!When I'm not working on another project that is. Thanks all, I knew this place would make me feel better!!!
Old 11-29-2007, 09:38 AM
needy4speed

avanti, i think you should add port fin..i did and i believe boat is more stable.i seems the back tram stays more stable which gets power to the water...add it on but be care full to drill holes in right place ..i had a hell of a time gettng both screws lined up to that back plate,but i believe its a good mod...and its one of grimracers mods he uses and his boat does 38 with stock motor and 3800 duratrax batteries...as for the canadian guy hang in there man. or get yourself an airboat for the winters or a bad ass truck.and woman never feel our pain so dont let t bother you