Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

charging lipos with a swallow charger

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

charging lipos with a swallow charger

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:03 PM
ozzie-crawl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charging lipos with a swallow charger

i want to charge a lipo (3s 1050 20c) with my swallow charger but have been told to use a balancer. i can get a balancer from e-sky that does the plane and heli batteries does anyone know if this setup will work with the swallow as the instructions for the charger dont say anything about a balancer
Old 12-27-2007, 06:23 PM
DRAGONFIRE81M

Default RE: charging lipos with a swallow charger

heres what i use with my eflight calicta charger . electrifly equlnox balancer it goes in line with any lipo charger
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMGS7&P=M

you can charge straet but it shortens the life of the pack . and i have never had one blowup eather
Old 12-28-2007, 02:59 AM
ozzie-crawl

okay thanks. i think the balancer iam looking at is similar. never played with lipos before so want to get it right
Old 01-11-2008, 08:04 AM
simmo8

hey ' i am in the same boat as u i just went through the same thing and stufed up twice by buying the wrong balancer and the wrong leads . i now think that the best thing to do is to just go down to your local hobby shop with your charger and get them to set up and test every thing so you dont end up going up the hobby shop 10 times befour you get everything right like i have done lol =) as far as i know you can use any balancer with the swallow but i would still check with the hobby shop first. good luck.

p.s do u know anything about the lipo sack if so how much are they and where do u get them? they look like a good way to stop a fire if u do ,do somthing wrong have a look on you tube .