Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Fine Design

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Fine Design

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Quicksilver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fine Design

Went downstate this week and decided to locate fine design for some parts. Well it seems to me they either moved or are out of business, however their site is still up and I went to the address listed, it was a sporting goods store [X(]

anyone know what's up? I understand some people dont like Mr. Fine, but I'm just wondering.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:19 PM
RC_Bob

Default RE: Fine Design

All I know is that a month or two ago their store moved to some place new. They don't seem to update their site very well(those H and M hulls have been outa stock for a VERY long time).
Their still in business for sure, recently he just replied to my Q about M-1 Supercat stock levels.
Try emailing Chris.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Quicksilver

It isn't a big deal, I just thought while I was around there I'd stop by and see if he had some motor mounts. Just shocked to not find a store and their phone off the hook. He needs to work on that, he's not even in the phone book as far as I know.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Rich404

Quicksilver,

I had a similar experience with them. About 3 months ago, I called them up to see if they were open. (I live about 45 min away and wanted to take a ride) The lady that worked there said that they were open, but after inquiring about boat parts, she said that they did not carry anything with boats in the store for some time and that I had to inquire online. I found that strange because their site showed a wall full of boats inside the store.

-Rich.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:22 PM
Quicksilver

yeah I bet we saw the same wall, you could see it from the street, but no boats. I'll try emailing him, if anything just to let him know his site is all wrong. Hopefully his email works

edit; I just went back to his site, the address changed, says 39north st. I went to 23 main st. I was using my gps, so it had me go on around 39 north [:@] I bet it was there. The phone number is still the one that wouldnt ring though
Old 03-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Rich404

Quicksilver,

I am sure that we saw the same site. See if you could get ahold of them before you go back there. When the lady said that they did not carry "boat stuff" it put a real damper on that trip.

-Rich.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Quicksilver

Honestly, I cannot afford most of his stuff, but I had figured maybe he had more racing type accessories at the store. I've yet to go to a hobby shop and have them know a single clue about what I'm asking them. As of now I'm making my motor mount, instead of ordering online.

Maybe I'll move to Boston, just to be within driving distance of offshore electrics. That would be heaven. [8D]
Old 03-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Rich404

lol

I agree, Most hobby shops are not good with boats. Even though Fine Design is expensive, somewhat of a rip-off, I was hoping to go there to "talk boat" with someone that knew boats and check out what he had to offer. I was eyeing his custom batteries at the time.

I would like to go to Offshore Electrics one day, but I don't know about moving there......lol.

We just need better boat oriented hobby shops in the Upstate NY area.

-Rich.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:38 PM
alloutcustom

ORIGINAL: Rich404
We just need better boat oriented hobby shops in the Upstate NY area.

-Rich.
We need those everywhere!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Rich404

Very True!!

It is a shame that most hobby shops are clueless or deal very little with boats.

-Rich.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:55 PM
alloutcustom

IK they should hire me to help