Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Equipage Monaco 100 (build thoughts)

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Equipage Monaco 100 (build thoughts)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Equipage Monaco 100 (build thoughts)

I just bought this boat,it was a bit of an impulse buy.I thoroughly checked the hull and this one maybe a newer model.I have read about the cracking etc.I am an Auto refinisher,so I will sand the Hull slightly and give it 2-3 coats of quality urethane clearcoat and brush the inner structure also.Hopefully that will keep the wood from accepting moisture or drying out.
I got it for 169$.I thought this was a good price,it is NIB.It has the brown upholstery and red bottom.
I dont have much boating experience,but would love to hear what some of you would do for power.I am an airplane guy,so have lots of build experience and understanding of electronics.
I am looking for scale performance,with some power in reserve for extra fun.

If Lithium or A123 batteries are an option, I am open to that also.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:57 PM
deestingray

Default RE: Equipage Monaco 100 (build thoughts)

If it is scale speed you are after, most guys are putting speed 700's in them. I run a Johnson 785 motor in my smaller riviera and it goes like a cut cat on 14 cells.
Then again, if you want to go the brushless option, a friend of mine has used a 12 or 14XL feigao, and it goes very well and looks pretty good.
There are a couple of guys over on RCG that have just purchased Monaco 100's and starting to fit them out, might pay to have a look over there too. There is one thread in dock talk, the other in scale boats.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:13 AM
nitro wing

OK,will do.
Yeah, I dont need it to be a speed demon,but want power for some action,like a "sleeper" car,you know..kinda looks good for cruisin' but gets up and goes when asked to
Old 10-05-2008, 09:36 PM
nitro wing

OK
I think I need to figure out my running gear.I am very RC litterate,so let me have it
What can I use for power?
EDIT
Nicads or Lipo-brushed or brushless.Have chargers to 4 cell Lipo and a Triton and A 123 charger.My budget is 200-400$ for power ESC and batteries.
Looking for nice cruise speeds,good handling,sound,but capable of a nice flat out run for short bursts.
Thanks in advance
Old 10-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Quicksilver

ORIGINAL: nitro wing

OK
I think I need to figure out my running gear.I am very RC litterate,so let me have it
What can I use for power,Nicad or brushless.Have charger to 4 cell.My budget is 200-400$ for power ESC and batteries.
Looking for nice cruise speeds,good handling,sound,but capable of a nice flat out run for short bursts.
Thanks in advance
[sm=tongue_smile.gif] lol I wish I could help, but I'm confused. Your charger is for NiMH/Nicad? or lipo? 4 cells isnt enough for Nimh/Nicad. Basically the above quote doesnt make much sense the way its phrased/terminology.

edit; from the first post I'm assuming you have A123 cells and your charger is good for 4s?
Old 10-06-2008, 09:37 PM
nitro wing

Sorry about that,yeah got a Triton and an FMA Cellpro 4S which is Lipo / A123 capable.So I can use what ever batteries required.