Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Prince 25" Mono

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Prince 25" Mono

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 01:39 AM
ozzie-crawl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prince 25" Mono

what speedie are u useing. will order mine in acouple of days when it arrives i will do a check see how many amps it pulls. i have afew escs from 45-230 amps so should be right. what cells were you useing and how did it perform. thanks
Old 07-15-2008, 07:01 AM
FHHOBBIES

Speedie... http://www.r2hobbies.com/proddetail....d=rcps81707_50 These guys told me to get a 30A ESC and I asked them what battery I should use and they told be it would be good to use a 2200mah 4S pack..... My packs are TP 2070 25C 4S. Performance was about 1/2 the speed as they show on their website so it was very slow, something is wrong for sure, ESC setting perhaps? I would hate to burn out boat 2.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Basstronics
My Feedback: (2)

They told me 50 Amp ESC.

They also told me 2200 MAH 3S 15C pack- I beleive. I will look over my emails tonight!

Probably to much voltage?
Old 07-15-2008, 05:07 PM
FHHOBBIES

Really.... Hmmm. I think it may be more then voltage, you would think it would be fast for a short while then burn up but it was very slow from the start, I will try a 3S pack first in boat #2 and if all is well I will try a 4S again. They did tell be 4S and never even mentioned a 3S. Worst case they owe me new ESC's and/or motors.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:12 PM
hotrodlincoln886

would i be able to run nimh cells or just lipo
Old 07-15-2008, 06:18 PM
FHHOBBIES

I'm sure you could run any pack you like, there is lots of room in there, Lipo is nice because of the low weight but nimh is still popular, it would be interesting to try other combinations to see what is best.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:22 PM
hotrodlincoln886

i would probably have to run like 9 or 10 cells
Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 PM
FHHOBBIES

Well I never ran nimh B4 so I can't say for sure if this hull can take it but it would be fun to try. I just tested boat number 2 out of the water and without a prop... this one has vibes as well, I think it is the slop in the drive bushing but still not 100%... about 85% I would say... I wonder if I can replace it with a flanged bearing? I wish I got the other drive system from the E-Bay boats now. Ah well I hope I can figure this out!
Old 07-15-2008, 09:47 PM
FHHOBBIES

If I have to upgrade my drive strut do you think I should go with the SV 27 unit? Seems like the price is right just not sure if it is good or will fit this hull?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:49 AM
jacob711

this is the one that comes on the other boats http://cgi.ebay.com/aluminum-strut-f...742.m153.l1262
Old 07-16-2008, 05:36 AM
Basstronics

Hi there,

Thank you for your e-mail. Actually,

1) We will recommend you to try this 11.1v 20c 2200mAh and 60A ESC firts. You can see it here below. = )
http://www.r2hobbies.com/proddetail.php?prod=pba2021011
http://www.r2hobbies.com/proddetail....d=rcps81706_60
I was close.

Im going on 4 weeks and no boat/shipment from them yet. They said it shipped and provided a tracking number. Once its outside Honk Kong Post its pretty much lost until delivered. Im get a tad bit anxious about its arrival. Im a little mad to see a Canadian got their order before me as your mail is notoriously slow...

You can check for slop if you take that drive dog out and push on the prop shaft. A very very very tiny bit is probably good. Grease will fill that.

When mine comes in (if it does?) I will double check all these things and post what I find. Since it wont be hitting the water right away (no batts or receiver).
Old 07-16-2008, 06:55 AM
FHHOBBIES

Bass 4 weeks since it said it was shipped? I know I orderend mine a LONG time ago and was waiting for the backorder, then I e-mailed the and asked for an update, they told me a couple more weeks but they were getting yellow boats in a few days so I told them I would take those. I will try and figure out what the ship date was on them, what was yours? I would also like to add for some reason shipping is always very fast from places like that, most of the time it is faster then from the USA, it is strange. I would send them an e-mail for sure though.

NOTE: I am now going to look at the cable because I am starting to think this may be the problem. It is around 4mm with a square end, I think the square end is off center and tweeked a bit which would cause the prop shaft to go nuts like it does, I will look at things better tonight when I get home from work, this may be an easy fix after all.... I hope.... lol.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:10 AM
ozzie-crawl

fhhobbies this mite not help because i live in australia but i have a offshore cat that came from the same place and it also has the sqaure ended shaft. the original shaft didnt last long but i found a place that does cables for marine applications and speedos and they made me some new cables wich are holding up very well my cat runs a 2800kv xl motor on 4s and does over 60mph and i havent brock a cable drive yet.so iam sure there would be places near you that would do the same
Old 07-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Basstronics

I ordered min on 6/26

It shipped out of Hong Kong on 7/7

I got an email from them telling me I should have my package by now and if not e mail them back. I left a few days go by then I emailed. The response I got was basically we shipped it to you and its on the way. If you dont see it in a few weeks let them know.

I dont want to order batts/receiver until it gets here so I know how much room I got to work with.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:55 PM
FHHOBBIES

Well hopefully you get it soon, there is lots of room in there for anything really, if you want me to measure some areas let me know and I will be glad to do it for you.

Ozzie, thanks for the info, if I have to get a new shaft I will upgrade to a standard type flex shaft and prop shaft, I will see if I can fix the stock one first, will keep ya posted.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:06 PM
FHHOBBIES

Well I can't get rid of the vibes so I think I am going to order some parts. Is there any 540L motor I could use with my 50A ESC and TP 2070mah 4S packs? If so which motor/prop config should I get and speed/run time figures would be good as well. I am also open to some hot setups motor/esc/bats....
Old 07-16-2008, 07:20 PM
suzukiboy

ozzie-crawl

I brought 3 of these ARTR versions (from Hong Kong) and I live in Australia.
I can PM you the info on where I brought them if you like?

I won't post up here where I brought them from.
There has been a few posts on this boat design and they have been deleted.
Don't know if it was because of posting the info of the seller or not.

I know of someone in Australia/Gold Coast who sells them as well, not sure if he has them currenly in stock.

Dave
Old 07-17-2008, 03:25 PM
ozzie-crawl

placed my order last night now just have to play the waiting game
Old 07-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Basstronics

Hello All-> FHH!

I got my boat in tonight and started to monkey around with it. I specifically started to look into the vibration deal you mentioned.

I found the problem which was very obvious.

Heres my measurements:

propshaft: 4mm/.156"
Prop: 4.83mm/.188"
Drive Dog: 4.11mm/.164"

The vibration has to be due to the wrong prop for the shaft.

Also the motor is 28X30 with a 16mm/.620" bolt circle diameter.

Im fairly impressed with the quality construction at this point. Im going to get the servo in tonight.

More to come!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:41 PM
FHHOBBIES

I made a brass tube bushing for my props which make it a perfect fit... take your prop and drive dog off and you will still have the same vibes. I took boat #2 out today and ran it on 3S 2070mah Tanic pack, vibes in the water only came on sometimes at certain throttle speeds but for the most part it was O.K. There was some glitches with the RX that we have to figure out but the boat seemed to run nice, speed was like in their video but run time was very short... about 3-4min. Motor was smokin hot, ESC was very warm almost a little too hot, batt was very warm as well. So now I gotta figure out what to do.... motor is junk for this boat, Lipos are too small and if I upgrade things I don't think my ESC is big enough.... what do you all think? Shoulda got the bare hull from the start and put my own stuff on it!
Old 07-17-2008, 08:11 PM
Basstronics

I would go for that motor the other seller on E Bay is using. Its bigger

Props probably to big for the motor I would guess.

I got a 60 amp ESC so I hope Im good

I havent taken the drive unit apart and dont plan on it. But that may need to be done to get rid of the vibes...

I got 3 motors for this boat bookmarked outside the E bay one. Heres my top choice:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=5145

Only reason is because of the water cooling
Old 07-17-2008, 08:51 PM
ozzie-crawl

fhh if u have two 3s lipos the same u can parallel them so u get the same votage but twice the mah. i do this on all my boats keeps batteries nice and cool
Old 07-17-2008, 09:14 PM
FHHOBBIES

Man do they not test this stuff!? I will look into that motor, what Lipos you gonna use? Let me know if you find a fix for the vibes cuz I think the only way may be to find a better shaft and liner.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:15 PM
FHHOBBIES

I only have one 3S, I use mostly 4S and up.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Basstronics

Well I put the motor back in and had a bind on it. Also if your drive dog isnt very tight and you tighten up the prop nut to much it puts a ton of drag on it. I got that all straightned out I think.

The square end isnt quite in line with the center part of the flex shaft. Its nice as you can get the flex cable out very easy.

The extra props I bought arent as bad as I thought initially. Took it out of the package and they are ok for plastic. More importantly they are 4MM shaft props, the right size!

Im going to get a set of batteries on order thru the bay soon and need a receiver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.