Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

SuperHawaii Upgrades

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

SuperHawaii Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 09:17 PM
Stride11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperHawaii Upgrades

Ok i just pulled my SuperHawaii out of the closet and finally finished it. I put it in the water the next day, and it was crap. Many problems went wrong starting with a gear going loose, prop going loose, not starting, gear box is skipping,and it just does not go fast at all. Then on top of it my speed control broke so it only goes reverse(i switched reverse with forward so it can only go forward now). So the whole boat pretty much went to hell. This boat is all stock and the only thing that works like it should is the steering. So i want to upgrade it to go fast and be reliable, but do not want to spend a bunch of money. Please can you list upgrade parts i should consider getting and ways to make this boat good.
-Thanks
Old 08-14-2008, 10:53 PM
VDub99AML
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SuperHawaii Upgrades

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_59...tm.htm#5935564
here's a link to read up on. There's a lot of info on here about the Super Hawaii. Just do a search and look back a ways.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Stride11

Well, that is kinda expensive for those motors and stuff oO So i think i might just stick with what i got and try to fix it. If any of you can help me find out whats wrong that would be great. So bassically whats going on is it will work fine for a bit but then it acts like something is slipping. You can hear the motor going but it will stall then go, then stall, ect... Ive tried tightening all the gears but i do not know what is going on, so please help.
-Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 02:09 PM
pompebled

Hi Stride11,

As you've no doubt learned from your searches on the SH, getting rid of the outdated gearbox and dual motors is the way to go.

Replace it with a 700 motor (OSE 700SC), 12-14 cells and a flexshaft and you're back in business.

Until the steering outdrive gives up and you'll be needing a strut / rudder combination (speedmaster hardware from OSE) to have things work again.

Regards, Jan.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:17 PM
Stride11

Thanks Pompebled,
But im kinda new to this experience so i found that motor, but could you give me some good links to a flexshaft, strut, and rudder that would all work together?
-Thanks
Old 08-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Stride11

Ok i found the engine/strut im going to get, but need help to find out which flexshaft to get, rudder, prop shaft, and couplings. So if anyone can help with that it would be greatly appreciated.

The engine i am getting is http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=ose-700sc

the strut is http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...os-stinger-str
Old 08-15-2008, 10:26 PM
VDub99AML

I have the .130 cable for 3/16" props. You'll need the Octura Coupler Flex Hex 5mm to .130 Cable Short motor coupler. And don't forget a new drive dog. It will be 3/16" if you go with the 3/16" prop shaft. A second opinion will be needed to make sure I'm telling you correctly.

BTW: You won't be sorry upgrading to this setup. It is well worth it in the long run. I don't know if you can even get parts for the stock SH gearbox anymore. Like I've said before, I have wasted so much time and money on the dual motors/gearbox trash before I knew about this website it is sickening.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Stride11

do i need to get a new prop shaft for the stinger strut? cause i picked out this http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...oct-oc130L-24c
Old 08-16-2008, 08:16 AM
VDub99AML

No, it comes with the prop shaft, drive dog, cable, and prop nut. You'll be good to go with that.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Stride11

ok i have a few more questions.
1. with that motor how fast would my super hawaii go?
2. Are there any good, but cheap props?

-Thanks
Old 08-17-2008, 12:05 AM
VDub99AML

Here's a video of my Super Hawaii at work with the same setup you are looking into except I had the 700bb turbo motor in it running on 12 cells. Sorry for the long crappy video, but the sh is in there. The yellow aquajet has the 700sc motor in it along with the jeti navy 600 esc. You can make the SH a lot faster, but it requires more money. Hope this is what you are after. As for props, I have grp-2317.42, and grp-2317.45 anything higher seems too big. These numbers are from OSE

http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/jet-boat-wmv
Old 08-17-2008, 03:22 AM
Stride11

Yeah but if i want to get my SH going good, i will have to dump like $170 in it :/ unless i dont get a new strut, shaft ect. I just get a new engine shaft, couplers and prop. But i think that stock strut is crap :/
Old 08-17-2008, 10:03 PM
VDub99AML

yes you will have to put some money into the boat for it to move well welcome to the world of FE.