Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Unofficial "NQD" Tear into Jetboat Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Unofficial "NQD" Tear into Jetboat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:27 PM
ryanwilson277

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unofficial

1. ok thanks i will need to know that but also like do i have to program the rx to tx

4.so how do you grind a flat spot
Old 11-17-2009, 06:17 PM
eTokyoPop

ORIGINAL: ryanwilson277

1. ok thanks i will need to know that but also like do i have to program the rx to tx

4.so how do you grind a flat spot
1. You mean program the transmitter to the receiver? That all depends on what system you are using. Maybe I'm not quite getting the question. As far as the esc though, you will need to set the throttle forward/reverse throw. What radio system are you using, no need to program them together, except for having the crystals synced or the receiver bound.

2. I used a rotary tool with a 1/4" grinding wheel and slowly shaved down till I flattened it out similar to motor other motor that was already flattened. Just be careful the shaft does not rotate.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:30 PM
ryanwilson277

ok yea the transmitter to the reciever
[link]http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8338&Product_Name=Hobby_King_2.4Ghz_4Ch_Tx_&_Rx_(Mode_2)[/link]
Old 11-17-2009, 07:06 PM
eTokyoPop

ok yea the transmitter to the reciever
[link]http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8338&Product_Name=Hobby_King_2.4Ghz_4Ch_Tx_&_Rx_(Mode_2)[/link]

Ahhh, k. I have no personal experience with that system but if it is like any other spectrum system the receivers need to be bound to the transmitter. With my receiver that came with my dx3r system it was already bound to the receiver, I don't know if the system your interested in is or not. If not, not a big deal. You see that it comes with a bind plug, well that is inserted into the Bat/BND port on the receiver and there should be a button on the transmitter to bind, what that does is look for a receiver with the bind plug in it and connects to it. After that it will be bound till you choose to bind it with another receiver. unless there is a model memory.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:21 PM
ryanwilson277

ok thanx

btw westbeach did u run yours yet
Old 11-18-2009, 05:11 PM
ryanwilson277

actually im going to use this transmitter because it works out cheaper with th shipping costs

[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXARP065&P=0[/link]

do i need to get the tx crystal becuas it says its univailable
Old 11-18-2009, 06:15 PM
llDemonll

you should check around ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Traxxas-TQ-2-ch-...item2303eeb3c1
something like that is a nice radio (if you like pistol grip) and they are everywhere for cheap.

if you like stick radios, can't help ya there. dont know much about good brands and such
Old 11-18-2009, 07:24 PM
ryanwilson277

ill see if i can but i have never bidded before
Old 11-18-2009, 07:48 PM
westbeach

Waiting on my last order from Hobby King which has my lipo batteries. Other than she is almost ready to run.

ok thanx

btw westbeach did u run yours yet
Old 11-18-2009, 08:01 PM
ryanwilson277

cool

what do yuo think about the transmitter.
is it better than than the hobby king one

look at post 403 and 406
Old 11-18-2009, 10:33 PM
westbeach

Ryan,

I would stick to the 2.4 GHZ if you can afford it with shipping. My second pick would be the stick radio in post 403? I think. The reason why I left out the pistol radio is the incompatibility with alot of airplane/heli type esc. Which would require you to get an pistix in order for the radio to work with the esc. Unless you got a marine esc then any pistol radio will do the trick!

Pistix -> http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=msw-pistix
Old 11-19-2009, 03:17 AM
TOA57Y

Well, my boat turned up today and it didn't last 2 minutes before i stripped it and put the brushless in.

I got these.

www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8595

www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7377

Bolt straight in, both watercooled, basically i took the easy option lol.

Runs awesome, just need to work on my servo mount then i can setup the water cooling.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:43 AM
westbeach

Did you at least charge up the batteries and take her for a quickie before stripping her down?

ORIGINAL: TOA57Y

Well, my boat turned up today and it didn't last 2 minutes before i stripped it and put the brushless in.

I got these.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8595

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7377

Runs awesome, just need to work on my servo mount then i can setup the water cooling.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:10 AM
sundogz

I got these.

Yeah, that's the motor and esc I recommended to ryanwilson as a bolt-in, but he said the esc was too $$ and someone talked him out of that motor. Are you running it on 2s lipo? As far as the servo, I've hotglued them right to the hull with good success. Just find where it wants to be and glue it in. You can always pry it loose someday if needed.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:44 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: sundogz

I got these.

Yeah, that's the motor and esc I recommended to ryanwilson as a bolt-in, but he said the esc was too $$ and someone talked him out of that motor. Are you running it on 2s lipo? As far as the servo, I've hotglued them right to the hull with good success. Just find where it wants to be and glue it in. You can always pry it loose someday if needed.
Sooo .. this is a direct fit replacement set-up ? Have a link on the batts for this one ? I like the easy way .. lol
Old 11-19-2009, 02:57 PM
eTokyoPop

Put together a video from yesterday, up at Denny Creek, Snoqualmie, WA. If anyone has any idea where that is. As mentioned in the video info, first part is on 2s and at the song change it is on 3s. Its easy to tell. I have had problems with cooling on 3s, but with the water temperature so cold everything stayed very cool. I feel its a good video for those looking to set theirs up this way. Enjoy...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx9d1kPunuI[/youtube]
Old 11-19-2009, 02:59 PM
goldswim5

I got the flat spot ground in the motor today. It's a real pain getting it out but I found that one side will come out with a philips head insert (for drivers with a hex head) and the other side if you remove the stator and pushrod you can fit a screwdriver through there. Used my angle grinder to do the flat spot, then reassembled it all and it seems to work great. About to do a bathtub test and then hopefully a lake test soon. Still waiting on my 3s LiPo's...
Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 PM
goldswim5

Alright took a small pond run just because it did so good in the bathtub. And, it works great!! Still no speed demon but I think the 3s will change that. The esc and motor were barely warm if at all, so I'm not going to add water cooling unless the esc gets hot when I get the LiPo's in. I also painted the bottom black, and added a big block of foam into the nose section. Will be painting the top green sometime soon.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:47 PM
ryanwilson277

this looks cool to have.
[link]http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMNM1&P=7[/link]
it would be the right size for the jetboat right

btw nice vid etokeyopop
Old 11-19-2009, 05:00 PM
llDemonll

you will need water cooling when you get lipo's haha
Old 11-19-2009, 05:22 PM
sundogz

ORIGINAL: nomobux

Sooo .. this is a direct fit replacement set-up ? Have a link on the batts for this one ? I like the easy way .. lol
Any 6c NIMH (7.2v) or 2s (20c and up) LIPO (7.4v) in the 2500-3500mah range will do nicely with that setup.

ORIGINAL: goldswim5

I got the flat spot ground in the motor today. It's a real pain getting it out but I found that one side will come out with a philips head insert (for drivers with a hex head) and the other side if you remove the stator and pushrod you can fit a screwdriver through there...
It's easy if you drill the two cooling holes in the transom directly behind the motor mount screws. Then a long phillips screwdriver makes it a breeze.

Etokyo - nice vid, read on...

An observation/suggestion for future movie producers:

Maybe I'm on my own on this one, but I want to observe your videos to see and hear your boat doing its thing (no offense Etokyo!) and don't care for any music masking the sounds of the motor, creek, cavitation, wind, cussing, etc. I expect to hear. I'm more interested in being there with you, hearing how it actually happened, so I can better relate to my own boat(s) and experiences. So you might consider leaving off the music, ....this ain't MTV. But maybe it's just me. [X(] I'll get off my soapbox now!
Old 11-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Etokyopop,
Nice vid. Looks a little chilly[&:] lol
That really looks like fun. The whole video, I was wondering what you were going to do if the boat flipped over.
So in the end, it did flip over. How did you get it out? What if it flipped over on the other side of the river or a littel down the river?
Old 11-20-2009, 01:44 AM
eTokyoPop

Maybe I'm on my own on this one, but I want to observe your videos to see and hear your boat doing its thing (no offense Etokyo!) and don't care for any music masking the sounds of the motor, creek, cavitation, wind, cussing, etc. I expect to hear. I'm more interested in being there with you, hearing how it actually happened, so I can better relate to my own boat(s) and experiences. So you might consider leaving off the music, ....this ain't MTV. But maybe it's just me. I'll get off my soapbox now!
But the music hides the fact It sounds like crap! Jk, ya ya, I was skeptical too about the music. My friend and I were just bored and decided to make the movie interesting. I'll tell you what, I'll edit a none music video just for you. Give me a day, its scripted together and I'm noob enough to need my friend to remove it.

So in the end, it did flip over. How did you get it out? What if it flipped over on the other side of the river or a littel down the river?
Well, I chose to leave this out of the video.... But I had to step in the creek to get to it. Yep it was chilly. I had a nice drive home with the floor heat on max, while driving barefoot.

I figured it out!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4HW4Pnvst4[/youtube]
Old 11-20-2009, 07:26 AM
nomobux

"Put together a video from yesterday, up at Denny Creek, Snoqualmie, WA. If anyone has any idea where that is"

Lol .. Whatever posessed you to run at Denny Creek ?? Cold and snow. Been there many times.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:36 AM
nomobux

quote:

ORIGINAL: nomobux

Any 6c NIMH (7.2v) or 2s (20c and up) LIPO (7.4v) in the 2500-3500mah range will do nicely with that setup.

I have some 2S 5000 lipos .. any probs with that ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.