Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 103 of 129 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3212

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Unofficial

That's fantastic Shev, I cannot wait to hook up with a few other like minded people! 

I am still waiting on the parts I ordered to build the boat, but I already know places where it'd be fun to go One is right off the highway too, at Yandina. I live in Buderim, and know of a few more places around here that would be fun too then there's all the creeks where we go 4WDing at Glasshouse as well I'm sure we'd find somewhere to catch up and have a fun day with the jet boats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I need the brass bushing that goes on the nozzle that steers. What can I use?

Thanks.
    Traxxas Summit, Losi Mini LST, 2.2 modified Wheely king Rock Crawler, Supervee 27, Black Hawk sail boat, NQD jet-boat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like the Green Hankinator!

Stein: I use the plastic tip off of a bic pin. Just pull it off of the casing and cut it down to size & glue it in place. Works great. And we all have hundreds of pins in a drawer somewhere =)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: duckdogs14

Stein:Β* I use the plastic tip off of a bic pin. Just pull it off of the casing and cut it down to size & glue it in place. Works great. And we all have hundreds of pins in a drawer somewhereΒ* =)
    Did you mean a pen? If so what part would I use?
    Traxxas Summit, Losi Mini LST, 2.2 modified Wheely king Rock Crawler, Supervee 27, Black Hawk sail boat, NQD jet-boat.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oops! Yes Pen. Bic Pen. This is why I don't havean office job First attempt at adding pictures.
    ORIGINAL: Stein

ORIGINAL: duckdogs14

Stein: I use the plastic tip off of a bic pin. Just pull it off of the casing and cut it down to size & glue it in place. Works great. And we all have hundreds of pins in a drawer somewhere =)
    Did you mean a pen? If so what part would I use?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt56050.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	1744016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq50916.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	1744017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bg91620.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	1744018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ha79422.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	1744019   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pb35528.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	1744020  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wn86937.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	1744021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ce70901.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	1744022  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: duckdogs14

Oops! Yes Pen. Bic Pen. This is why I don't haveΒ*an office job [img][/img]Β*Β* First attempt at adding pictures.
    [quote]ORIGINAL: Stein

Thanks for the tip thats a good idea but I did not mean that part. I meant the brass bushing in the middle (see pic below)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My bad. You need a new one of them??? That I can't help you with. DU-BRO hobby parts maybe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you still have the stock motor, you might try taking it apart and salvaging one of the brass bushings on the ends. They should have the same bore, and might work for a replacement impeller shaft bushing.
    Arpro Mono,Genesis,Tenshock Essenz, PowerJet Viper,ABC Jet Ski,TearInto Jet Sprint, Legend & Discovery Sailers, JetCat proto

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

then there's this guy's solution, using a bearing in it

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9389196

I'd think you only need to do the first picture's mod

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for all the info I will look at the old motor see what I can get from it. And a bearing is a great idea.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stein, Good luck finding one. Let us know what you use/find. I lost mine and ended up using a couple pieces of small metal tubing to make a bushing. There is three different sizes that I had to cut and put inside each other to reduce to the proper ID.

Later,

Hankinator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm curious to know, did BJacobsen ever post any videos of his wicked props and mods in action??

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=10100922

By the way, got my Traxxas waterproof servo the other day... and I have something at the post office apparently... Wooo HURRY UP PARTS!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi gang, another little video of my first tear off.. second boat finished now, 2 boats is much more fun than 1.. crashes are a little hairy....    some things i learned along the way,, shoe glue can melt the plastic on these boats,, yellow seemed worse than white,, ( i get the feeling the yellow is stronger..) perhaps not... also using a surfboard nose protector is good and an old fork makes a good grate..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbs2okdljOU

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry, white seemed to melt more.. and in reply to cmsrp on my first vid...... after your comments about crocodiles i was a little more hesitant retrieving my boat :/ hahah

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys, I need to grab new lipos and Im wondering if this motor would run better on 2s rather than 3s? Or will it seem really slow on 2s compared to 3s?

Thanks
    SCX10 Truggyx2, Wraith
    Ota R31, 16FM, D3.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SkR8Pn

Hi guys, I need to grab new lipos and Im wondering if this motor would run better on 2s rather than 3s? Or will it seem really slow on 2s compared to 3s? Β*

Thanks
    That motor is most suitable for 2S (32560 unloaded rpms). I'm running the 2900kv version on 3S (32190 unloaded rpms) in mine and it has plenty of spunk.
    Arpro Mono,Genesis,Tenshock Essenz, PowerJet Viper,ABC Jet Ski,TearInto Jet Sprint, Legend & Discovery Sailers, JetCat proto

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: hankinator
    Stein, Good luck finding one. Let us know what you use/find. I lost mine and ended up using a couple pieces of small metal tubing to make a bushing. There is three different sizes that I had to cut and put inside each other to reduce to the proper ID.
    Later,
    Hankinator
    I got a small bearing and modified it to work. The ID was a little bigger then the shaft so I put a piece if brass tube I had in it and drilled out the nozzle a little to fit the bearing. It will work great. I have a pic but its really blurry so not sure if you can see it good.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: sundogz

That motor is most suitable for 2S (32560 unloaded rpms). I'm running the 2900kv version on 3S (32190 unloaded rpms) in mine and it has plenty of spunk.
    Thanks Sundogz,

After a handful of different motors on 3S the 4400kv has been great. Doesnt get hot and gets real good run time on 2200mah/40c 3S although anything after 3/4 throttle is noise.

Id like to drop some weight out of the rig. I figured 2S (2200mah/20c) would be a good start as its roughly 70g lighter than the 3S im using. I'm worried that i'll turn it into a yacht on 2S

SCX10 Truggyx2, Wraith
    Ota R31, 16FM, D3.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im running a 4800kv motor on 2S and it goes very well.

Jason

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

where are you guys getting screws for your motors? i cant find any narrow enough to squeeze past the jet drive, at the local hobby stores all they have are button head and wont go in straight.any suggestions? id rather not file them down.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Scubaru Steve

where are you guys getting screws for your motors? i cant find any narrow enough to squeeze past the jet drive, at the local hobby stores all they have are button head and wont go in straight.any suggestions? id rather not file them down.
    I use M3 metric socket head cap screws which wil have a smaller od than the button heads.

SCX10 Truggyx2, Wraith
    Ota R31, 16FM, D3.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im fairly new to this forum and figured id introduce myself and show my own boat project. I initially came across these boats while surfing u-tube watching people run them in the rapids and instantly wanted my own. I found this thread and read through almost every page. I ordered my boat on ebay about 3-4 weeks ago and got my parts from a couple different websites within days after. I finished the boat and was able to run it for the first time this weekend and couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Let me know what you think, I was going for a clean looking boat as well as having the performance without breaking the bank. It runs really good, plenty fast on 3S and 2S is probably more than enough for running in the river.

Here are the parts I used:
    -Tacon 2848-380L 2300kV motor
    -SeaKing 35A water cooled ESC
    -2200 mAh NanoTech 25-50C 2S & 3S batteries

The only thing I have left to do is add some kind of guard for the jet intake as its just open right now.

Here is the boat within a few hours after I got it haha.

Custom Red Bull Paint job and new part instill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i love the Red Bull paint job.

i still haven't decided on a scheme for my boat. i removed all of the original painted on decals,
    in preparation for a custom paint scheme, but so far it's still juts plain white.

Jason.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great looking boat, thats a really nice paint job too!! I would like to do something like that with mine too but i have no idea what i want mine to look like. what kind of paint do you guys use anyway?  im guessing that plain old spray paint in a can is not the type to use for this. i need to read up on that one of these days.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the paints that most people seem to be using are the tamiya PS paints.

i certainly will once i have decided on a scheme.

Jason.