Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Unofficial "NQD" Tear into Jetboat Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Unofficial "NQD" Tear into Jetboat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 PM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Unofficial

i need you guys to close this thread. its has made me order this plastic boat to play with and a buntch of other stuff! vary bad influence! has anyone tryed Nitro?? with a clutch ?? cant wait!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 PM
llDemonll

nitro would mutilate this hull haha
Old 10-21-2009, 02:22 PM
ryanwilson277

rockworks can u also run it with the stock battery too. thanx
Old 10-22-2009, 12:18 PM
rockwerks

ORIGINAL: ryanwilson277

rockworks can u also run it with the stock battery too. thanx

Remember the stock battery is a 900MAH NICAD.

Remember to run the battery down all the way between each charge so they dont get ruined by retaining memory. I attach it to a small electric motor to run them down. I run it until the motor stops
Old 10-22-2009, 02:20 PM
ryanwilson277

i meant like for the video can u
Old 10-22-2009, 02:37 PM
llDemonll

anyone have trouble with motor being really hot after the run?

as long as it's running in water, its cold as ice, but when i stop running and take it out (no water cooling running through it) it gets quite hot just sitting there..dunno if anyone has a cure for this or what
Old 10-22-2009, 03:04 PM
ryanwilson277

the stock tear into????
Old 10-22-2009, 04:00 PM
llDemonll

no, 3s lipo and 3200 walkera motor
Old 10-22-2009, 05:36 PM
rockwerks

ORIGINAL: ryanwilson277

i meant like for the video can u
I will do that today if I can con the wife into helping UPDATE: no running today we are under a storm surge warning too big of waves today. maybe tomorrow.[:@]
Old 10-23-2009, 12:32 PM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Dang. My 2 were scheduled to deliver today ( 10-23 ) I tracked them to Redmond, Wa. Just got a email, they were scanned wrong out of Redmond to Pacific, Wa. New dilivery date is 10-26. ?, what line are you cutting along to get the top off. I didn't realize this had to be done.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:04 PM
llDemonll

i cut .5" around from the indent that you see where the top piece sits and 3/4" from the back.

3/4" from the back makes it a bit hard to reach back there, so if you want .5" would be fine, i just left that much for a little extra strength
Old 10-23-2009, 02:31 PM
ryanwilson277

ORIGINAL: llDemonll

anyone have trouble with motor being really hot after the run?

as long as it's running in water, its cold as ice, but when i stop running and take it out (no water cooling running through it) it gets quite hot just sitting there..dunno if anyone has a cure for this or what
just dont run it out of water. idk
Old 10-23-2009, 04:09 PM
littlepiston
My Feedback: (12)

got mine in today! what a cheap coupler motor to the jet. i will be making me a coupler for my brushless motor if anyone wants one let me know the size i make a few with set screws
please pm me
Old 10-23-2009, 09:43 PM
jetsprintbasher976
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey does anyone have a larger jet unit in the knockoff witch one is the best graupner kmb and what size i seen this one and i want to do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKmxt3KkDqo headhunter i seen some were u had experience with the larger drives
Old 10-24-2009, 08:04 PM
headhunter23

The only boats I had seen with larger or oversize was... mini-v with... 28 or 29mm drive, thing apparently sunk due to over weight and no foam. Ahhh... there was another, someone stuck in a 33mm graupner in... shockwave 26 i think, the pick up was apparently too far forward. I would assume that would be an issue if u decide to go forward. Theres a couple guys that should bemable to tell ya where the delta should be or max distance.

Still the knock off is really well designed... give her a try, see if u can stick one in! Graupner and kmb are both similar, just mild differences... I like the kmb more but it costs a lot more due to euro and insane shipping.

Although personally a 3900 40 amper will get the knock off cooking like u see in that video u posted(which btw the way the link doesn't work because u have 2 or 3 spaces at the end of the link). Jet drives can be fast, but generally aren't due to the inefficiency of the system. Takes a lot more power compared to other drives...

Good luck if ya go forward!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:00 PM
DRAGONFIRE81M

hey headhunter if you are talking about the mini v aka the break it was using a abc hobbys 22mm drive
Old 10-24-2009, 09:15 PM
jetsprintbasher976
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qUHPY5BTR8 this is my original graupner  but the mini jets seem to lose prime on little **** and its very annoying  and heres that link again this thing is sweet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKmxt3KkDqo
Old 10-25-2009, 12:09 PM
sundogz

Wow, that knockoff on Youtube rules! It's the first Tear Into I've seen to take a dive. Headhunter can relate, I'm sure. A 540s in the knockoff? I just put one in the Jet Ski and haven't had a chance to run it yet. Should be fast, but probably not like that! Toocool, Sdg.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:55 PM
westbeach

All righty then guys....just made my order for 2 NDQ tear into's. Demon and Rockwerks, I looked into shipping to WA, but it wasn't going to be much cheaper, so I just bit the bullet and ordered direct shipping to Canada. Thanks again guys for your generous offer. Hey perhaps we can get together sometime and have fun with these, since we are within the same state. Now to look into the upgrade parts. Any suggestions and comments are welcomed my way!! Cheers!

Westbeach
Old 10-25-2009, 09:13 PM
headhunter23

Ur right dragon.

Jet bash and everyone else running in the fall, these things will suck up leaves and they will also get stuck on grates reducing or all together losing prime! Check once in a while! Also snow will do same thing, if u run in snow and ice, sometimes it will build up so much that it becomes a snow cone on grates.

Not sure if that's what was happening in ur one video jet bash, as it was running real good for a bit then priming started becoming an issue. Good speeds though!

As for diving, my main jet drive boat(delta jet) can sub at least a couple feet if you crank her in a spin till nose catchs... very funny to watch, extreemly surprising the first time, reworking entire boat now, ie pulling out jet drive, going to grate it plus put aluminum plate and tab out back along with flood chamber. Eventually a wireless camera system 900mhz .5watt for up to 10km distance LOS (already have the housing and tx, need to repair one o my cameras).

Ivan.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:09 PM
wrangellboy

So most people probably already realize this. But you will need some water cooling on that motor. I thought I could get away with not having cooling, but I ran it for about 5 minutes the other day and I could have cooked lunch on the motor. Anyone know how to build, or where to buy, a water cooling setup for an outrunner? My current plan is to solder some tubing to an aluminum plate and mount it inline between the motor and the jet unit.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:22 PM
ryanwilson277

rockworks when r u gonna get a video???!!
Old 10-26-2009, 02:31 PM
westbeach

It is hard to cool an outrunner motor, as the can spins with the shaft! The only solution is to use something like this. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=ose-80100
Am not sure, but if you can find some cooling fins, and mount it on the can, the heat will dissipate to the cooling fins and the fins in turn will cool with the can, as it spins?! Just a thought!

ORIGINAL: wrangellboy

So most people probably already realize this. But you will need some water cooling on that motor. I thought I could get away with not having cooling, but I ran it for about 5 minutes the other day and I could have cooked lunch on the motor. Anyone know how to build, or where to buy, a water cooling setup for an outrunner? My current plan is to solder some tubing to an aluminum plate and mount it inline between the motor and the jet unit.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:36 PM
ryanwilson277

ORIGINAL: wrangellboy

maby you could put an air scoop on the front and a hole in the back to have cool air running over the motor
Old 10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
llDemonll

that's one reason i got an inrunner haha

you can buy aluminum tubing (forget what size) and some cheap salt from the grocery store and then crimp one end of the tube closed with pliers so salt cant get out,, fill the tube (do NOT pack it, the tube will rip when you try to bend it) and then bend it around something just a tiny tiny bit smaller than the motor. if you do this make sure to get the 3ft piece of tubing and hold as far out as you can so the whole tube is "bending" while you twist it around. takes a little practice but what i have below is what i came out with after my first try. later on i may make another one, as what i wrapped mine around was too small so i had to hand-bend it bigger (about an 1/8" too small of diameter)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69877.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1302415  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.