Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

NEW AQACRAFT FE HYDROPLANE!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

NEW AQACRAFT FE HYDROPLANE!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW AQACRAFT FE HYDROPLANE!!!!!!!

If that tub design is anything like the Phil Thomas tub Hydro's it should be very strong. I can't wait to see one in person, our club is all excited that they finally came out.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:00 AM
Silent-AV8R

I saw it today at the LA SAWS (I kill me!! Get it?? I "saw" it at the "SAWS"??)

Anyhow. I liked what I saw. It is wide and runs very nicely. Brian Buaas is working on wringing it out and is making runs in the 40's with it right now. It was very windy today and not really good water for SAWS runs with a boat this size. But it looks very promising. I know I want one for sure!!
Old 10-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Stinger9d9

ORIGINAL: ryan_t888

Tower says early december but I'm going to guess that it will be pushed in to late January.

Ryan
It doesn't say which year though...

Kinda funny there's a link to the "Manufacturer's Product Web Page"...as if they're a different company.

However, it does look like they really hit the nail on the head with this one. 2.4gHz radio, a real water jacket on the motor, lipo ready ESC with built in cooling jacket...nice, very nice.

This setup makes the Proboat Miss Elam BL look like a thrown together bunch of spare parts by comparison.

So in the same way that the SV27 power combo has become the standard motor and ESC for countless builder's BL projects, it seems this lipo ready system will be the new combo of choice for a ton of home brewed conversions. I think this radio may find itself in a few people's projects as well.

Now time for AQ to conjure up a nice BL outboard based on this motor for the VS-1 tunnel hull...
Old 10-18-2008, 08:48 AM
SV27dayton

time for AQ to conjure up a nice BL outboard based on this motor for the VS-1 tunnel hull...
truely evil! I must have it.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Raydee

Bill did anyone get any vid of the hull yet? I am dying to see it run.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Brian Buass got it over 65 MPH stock except for a prop swap and some minor tweaking on the strut. If the weather cooperates today maybe it will see some higher speeds!
Old 10-19-2008, 10:07 AM
t_hedlund

wow 65mph, That is awesome, I kind of like the look, I know that this is specically made to be a FE but is any talk of making one for us nitro fans, I know it would be slower, but i have been looking for a sport forty that look like an Limited. Good job to every one at AQ , another hit.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:10 AM
SV27dayton

65. That's nuts. Way over the initial expectations. I look forward to seeing what the hull is capabable of but that's freaking fast for a hydro-lite.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:34 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

No talk at all right now for a nitro version as they already have the Miss Vegas. Yeah, it would be cool to convert one over though for the proposed Sport 12 hydro class.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Raydee

Ahh its funny that being a FE boater most of the good hulls we run have to be converted for FE use. A company FINALLY comes out with a hull that is build for FE and the nitro guys and gals want to convert it. How things change
Old 10-19-2008, 07:53 PM
Silent-AV8R

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Brian Buaas got it over 65 MPH stock except for a prop swap and some minor tweaking on the strut. If the weather cooperates today maybe it will see some higher speeds!

Well he made some other changes as well. Both mirrors were broken off (one accidentally and the other in a purposeful act of wanton destruction) and he added a small air dam at the front of the tunnel using some hockey tape. He also changed out to bullet plugs simply because all his packs are set up for bullets and not Deans.

I missed the fast runs, but Brian says it handles very nicely at that speed. Now keep in mind that this is an all out straightline SAWS speed. For racing you might want to tweak it down a bit. But still very cool to see what this new hull is capable of doing.

He did not run it today and concentrated on his N2 rigger. He did set a new record with that, something in the 90's if I recall correctly.

And BTW - Brain's last name is spelled Buaas, two "A" not two "S"
Old 10-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Raydee

I would love to see that Hocky tape air dam that he made.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Silent-AV8R

All he did was put a piece of tape across the tunnel about 1 inch back from the froont, where it cleared the cockpit when it slides on. It stuck down 1/4-inch. He just foled the length of tape down the centerline and left two flaps out so it looked like a "T" from the end.

Nothing special, totally inprovised and took about 30 seconds to do.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Raydee

Yeah I was just curious if it was what we used to do on our gas cats. We used to take 1/4 weather stripping that is sticky on one side and mount it 1/2" back inside the tunnel. It used to work great for us.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:41 PM
arnie84

65mph on the stock ESC & motor??? I am not sure about that. I am in the middle of a MV brushless conversion. The new boat does look good, but limited on motor & ESC, It would be nice if they sold the boat without it being a RTR so we can make it as fast as we want without paying $330 to start with.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Russ Williamson

There is no mistaking the motor and ESC in the UL-1. I think there were plenty of racers there that witness' this. Besides, Brian is not trying to fool anybody, he has no reason too, plus, I trust his integrity 100%, he is a stand up guy!
Rw

ORIGINAL: arnie84

65mph on the stock ESC & motor??? I am not sure about that.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Raydee

Russ there seems to be a few guys on different boards that don't believe that Brian went 65mph with the stock boat and a different prop. You can't blame them, most don't know Brian and can't understand what prop tweaking will do.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:42 PM
arnie84

in brushless conversions people use a hydra 240 or at least a 120 amp ESC & a hell of a lot better motor. If he posted a video I would bite my tounge sell my set up on eaby & pre order the new boat.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 PM
Raydee

Here is vid of the hull going 59mph. This run was before the 64 and 65mph runs. No BS here just proof
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/Videos/ul1.mpeg
Old 10-20-2008, 08:50 PM
arnie84

[sm=angry_smile.gif][sm=angry_smile.gif] -> walking off to ponder selling the MV conversion. I am sorry you have proved me wrong. I guess it would be better to sell & get the new boat. I just don't want to regreat it if I wind up wishing I didn't. I planed on running a hydra 240, 8xl, 4s 4800 lipo that set up went 61 mph in a Miss Elam & I bought it out of the boat. Could I run the 4s lipo pack still, or would I need 2 2s packs for the new boat?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 PM
sailr
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, that's a chintzy looking transmitter.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:39 PM
sailr
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like a nice boat but I can't imagine why they put those fakey little mirrors and exhaust pipes on it. That will be the first thing to break. Makes it look a little like a radio shack toy. But at the reported speeds I'm sure nobody will care!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:42 PM
misshydro

Well let's see who's boats come out first??[&:] Proboat was subpose to come out in fall now there out of stock . wont see anymore until dec..???Plus pro asking 389.00 for theres.. For that price it better do 50!!![>:]See some on ebay new for 299.00 I still would like to see aquacraft to make replacment hulls too!! Would love to make one into a nitro version.. But would like to have the FE version,but will my luck it would catch on fire on my or burn somthing out!!
Old 10-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Raydee

Don't Worry Miss you won't burn anything up [:-][:-]
Old 10-20-2008, 11:37 PM
misshydro

I keep on hearing that saying in my head.. Water&electric dont mix!!! My luck that baby would burn up on me would be nice to have one for places that dont like nitro/gas boats running in certain areas..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.