Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

SV27 setup

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

SV27 setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 11:16 AM
brew13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SV27 setup

I just got one of these boats and took it out yesterday for my first run. i have a couple questions... first one is after running it, I took off the top and there was a decent amount of water in the hull??? any ideas why? It ran pretty good, besides the hopping which after reading the forum have determined that adjusting the trim plates should help out. The turn radius was pretty bad as well, ay help there? Lastly, I have noticed on some pics that others have 2 stability bars as I only have the 1, is this a good upgrade? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:43 AM
pompebled

Default RE: SV27 setup

Hi Brew,

Welcome to this forum!

As you must have noticed, there's a huge thread on the SV27 on this forum (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4752309/tm.htm and the one above that), it should provide you with (almost) every answer...

First of all, a RTR is rarely that, it's up to you to check every bolt, assure it's tightened, bathtub test it for leaks, plug those, then charge your batteries and go off to the pond.
Make sure you tape the hatch shut, prior to every run, or the 'fair amount of water' will get to the electrics sooner or later and reek havoc there.

Regards, Jan.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:48 AM
brew13

Easy enough, Thanks for the fast response!!
Old 04-06-2009, 12:18 PM
SV27dayton

This will take you where you need to go.
This has the big supertune thread as well as links to other specifics.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_52...tm.htm#5203307

That said I removed all my thru bolted runing gear and siliconed everthing. Other is the hatch (covered above) and also check the cooling system to make sure there is no leaking there, be creative. If you don't tape the hatch and you flip the boat it will sink to the foam and point noze up in a matter of minutes. You're motor, ESC, and reciever will all be full of lake water while being hooked ot 14.4 volts (this is bad). Many have survived this (mine included) but taping the hatch solves alot of problems. Another issue with floating noze up is it's almost impossible to hook it with a fishing rod and tennis ball (another thing you should have). Welcome and happy reading.