Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Predator out rigger help setting up

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Predator out rigger help setting up

Old 05-18-2009, 08:18 PM
gonggongboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator out rigger help setting up

Ive been building a predator out rigger that blown up to 26in long. its my first time building aboat let alone opperating a rc boats. i had a gas mono but rigger i hear are completly different setup. im wondering were the hardware mounts what angles do the rudder, struts and turn fins need to be. what power system to use. im thinking about either a feigao l or xl not sure what kvs to use. im thinking either 60 to 80a on either 3s lipo or 12 cell. also what height/angles do the sponsons need to be at. if you have links or know your self help me out.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Crabstick

Default RE: Predator out rigger help setting up

http://www.rcboataholic.com/building/matrix.htm

this should give you somewhere to start, Also a link below to Tom Moorehouse's firefighter riggers which are well known and here is a link to some plans of one, this should help with angles and hardware mounting etc

http://new.intlwaters.com/FreePlans/...ghterboats.htm

Old 05-19-2009, 06:47 AM
gonggongboy

i couldnt veiw the files swince they were dxf is there a way i can convert them
Old 05-21-2009, 04:42 AM
Simon.O.

ORIGINAL: gonggongboy

Ive been building a predator out rigger that blown up to 26in long. its my first time building aboat let alone opperating a rc boats. i had a gas mono but rigger i hear are completly different setup. im wondering were the hardware mounts what angles do the rudder, struts and turn fins need to be. what power system to use. im thinking about either a feigao l or xl not sure what kvs to use. im thinking either 60 to 80a on either 3s lipo or 12 cell. also what height/angles do the sponsons need to be at. if you have links or know your self help me out.
My small rigger is about that size and was loosly based on the predator.
It has had all kinds of motors in there but now runs a Feigao 8S on 2S lipo with a 80A esc. (soon to 100A)I spin a 632 Octura for speeds in the 40mph zone
You could use a XL in this size rigger. My 4S 7XL rigger is nearer 32'" (depends on how you measure) and moves out well.
If you are going for 3S lipo then 2500kv-2700kv is the area you want to be in.
For this I would go with no less than 80A esc. Riggers can be amp hungry.
The SV power system may fit in your 26" rigger.

Another option is to look at the Rigged Insanity threads and see what is going in those.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...igged-insanity

Do you have any pics of your build yet.

I don't visit this forum every dys so if you want a faster response then PM or e-mail me.

Keen to help,
Simon.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:19 PM
gonggongboy

Ive finally have pics never got around to upload them. Im wondering if my turnfins to big if so ill just use it on a mono thats a whole nother project. Ill have pics of the rudder soon i wonder if its to big also. also im going to use 3s 2200 mah in series for 6s 2200mah still trying to decide on what motor and esc (brushless of course). Im on a budget right now for im upgrading my savage 25 with some hardcore parts so it'll probaly be later winter if i can find an unfrozen lake to run on or next spring. I have to many projects im thinking about a 3500kv motor on 60a with 80a burst or a 100a with a 120a burst. im not caring about the weight since its my first actual boat later on i make a real light one. im planning on fiberglassing it. since ive been using light balsa 1/16 and 3/32 balsa and 1/8 bass for support.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27945.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	1217134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw70880.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1217135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr42086.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	50.9 KB