Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

G Freak motors?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

G Freak motors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 07:43 PM
baxternick
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G Freak motors?

Anyone had any luck with the G freak motors on ebay? Looking for a UL-1 upgrade and saw the stage 3 they are selling.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:12 PM
ghostofpf1

Default RE: G Freak motors?

Link ??

Steve
Old 07-01-2009, 09:07 PM
baxternick

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKJACK-26-UL1...3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 07-01-2009, 11:38 PM
BACKEMF

You are better off with an ARC motor or a Neu. ARC motors are very reasonable and higher torque 4pole motors.

I've seen the Gfreak stuff, just repackaged Chinese 2 pole motor, not really worth the asking price since I can get a similar motor from Hobby City for about $30.

The ARC 36mm motors are very worth while looking at: http://www.lightflightrc.com/HTML/products/ARC-36mm.htm

One you go 4 or more poles, its hard to go back to 2.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:32 AM
baxternick

So if I go with a Nue, or the arc motors what model would be a pretty good upgrade over stock? Do I want a higher KV rating or about the same?
Old 07-02-2009, 05:29 PM
BACKEMF

Just match KV to another motor, the ARC’s will most likely outperform any others.

I don’t have the specs yet, but our arcs are extremely efficient. 4S is certainly no problem at all, nor would higher cell numbers be, just be sure to use the right combo.

I have a friend that uses these in his boats and they work much better than he expected.

-dave

Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:38 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: More info on 36 55 1.5 etc...

Hi Dave & Family,

I have an ARC130, very nice motor, thank you.

I see you have a nice bunch of 36mm motors. I would like to test out the 36 55 1.5 1850 KV unit but, what are the rest of the specs?

I made a post on RC Groups in your motor thread. You could answer me there if you like?

I want to run this in a boat on 4S, just wondering if this voltage takes it out of it's proper efficiency range?
It would be a race boat. I am comparing this motor to an AQ UL-1 motor and SV-27 motor- both from Aquacraft boats.

Thanks,

Ray
So, I haven't got first hand experience but, from what I have heard these ARC motors will let you prop up and/or increase prop pitch. They can also handle more than 4S if you want to dabble past the 35,000 rpm range.

Dave also goes on to mention that the "1" winds are the most efficient. So a 36 65 1Turn would be pretty radical and just a tad more than the G-Freak motor in price. The G-freak motor will not come close to this motor. Even if you tried, with it being 2 poles vs 4 or 6 poles, you would have to watch how it is propped or you will burn something up.
Neu Motors have a wider range of KV ratings and are more expensive yet. A 1515 1Y 2200Kv motor is really nice [8D].

There is also Medusa motors... not too familiar with them but, good news...

Basically try not to upgrade a decent 4 or 6 pole motor with an inferior 2 pole motor. Something of the same caliber like a Lehner or a Hacker maybe, then again more $$$...