Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

New Here Need a Boat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

New Here Need a Boat

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:58 PM
JRockZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here Need a Boat

Been lurking around here a few days, had a paynpak hydro or something like that many years ago, I want to get an RC boat ASAP preferably RTRand a Hydro, Im presently unemployed so i need cheap cheap cheap but functional and durable so i dont have to dump alot into it right away. I love the look of the NQD hydro but the stock version just wont cut it for me i want something fast as well,, i like the Aquacraft Mini round nose andam considering it throughtower unless i can find aused one cheaper or something,,,
i know im asking for alot here but if anyone by chance has a hydro thats cheap and RTR for 70 bucks or less and can accept paypal please let me know.
Ill be around
Thanks all
JRockZ

Old 03-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Raylon

Default RE: New Here Need a Boat

You are going to be hard pressed to find anything for $70. Most of us spend that much on one or two batteries for our boats. The Aquacraft and the Zig Zag racer are about your only options.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 AM
nick 30

dont forget motors or esc's
Old 03-11-2010, 02:29 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

he is talking cheap RTR
Old 03-11-2010, 02:46 AM
nick 30

i know he was

raylon was saying we spend $70 on batts and thats when i added motors, esc's etc
Old 03-11-2010, 09:56 AM
JRockZ

Thanks guys yeah i was talking cheap, just missed a mini rio on ebay for 65 plus 10 for shilling i'd have had a deal on that if i would have had the cash to do it at the time. I'am talking cheap but also dont want junk either so i guess ill split my payments and grab the mini thunder, I really like the unlimited hydro lok alot better but just cant do that at this time.
Ill be sure to post what i get, what i do to it and some vids too when i get to finally play with it.
JRockZ

EDITUPDATE!!
I posted a wanted ad on craislist looks like i may have found this "I have one if those Traxxas boats that runs off of. Nitromethane
It is 28 inches long and has the electric motor in it so it returns to you. Have a gallon of nitro and some other parts. I have 2 bodies for it. The body the motor is in is cracked. It is fast and fun! Been up in the garage for a year or so. I'm cleaning house!! Lol! How about 50.00 for it? I had a ton of money in these nitro boats and cars." hopefully its a real email and not some spammer!!!! i will update later on.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:25 AM
nick 30

it'll take a while but why not buy each bit at a time because chances are you'll want to upgrade things anyway and you'll get to know your boat as you go along, its great that way because you know if somethings wrong ,start with a decent hull, in the UK you can get a hydro hull for about £60 for a decent size if you go to the right places

Old 03-11-2010, 05:19 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is cheap, fast, and quality you are trying to get all three and the trouble is you are only allowed to pick two, if you don't have a job then fe boating may not be something you want to get into just yet
Old 03-11-2010, 06:04 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

ORIGINAL: asupervee72

there is cheap, fast, and quality you are trying to get all three and the trouble is you are only allowed to pick two, if you don't have a job then fe boating may not be something you want to get into just yet
oh man +1 on that!
I thought I would be happy with just one FE boat just months ago, now I have 7 race boats and 6 bash boats!
and I'm looking to build a Gas Hydro and Gas Cat for this years racing!
Old 03-11-2010, 11:21 PM
sundogz

Asupervee hit the nail on the head. This ain't a cheap hobby. Too bad you can't rent one for the weekend or something! You can spend some real money buying 'on the cheap'. And buying, and buying.....
Old 03-12-2010, 07:09 AM
SV27dayton

Yeah. When money's tight this is not the place to hang out. It's like saying. "Say I've to twenty bucks, think I'll go get hooked on crack" . It is said that a boat is nothing more than a hole in the water into which you pour your money. Seems true for these models too. I make good money (my tax guy told me so last night) but I have three kids and therefore put off for about six months buying the parts I need to finsh my balsa cat. (2 sets of lipos, balancer, bullet conectors, speed controler....on and on....Go figure out your career first. You'll have time to do this later. (and don't go work in a hoby shop!)
Old 03-14-2010, 11:29 PM
JRockZ

Well you would be surprized what you can get for cheap and or free if you ask, I got a vintage Hydro the other day in trade for some old hot wheels cars that i had that were not worth much or anything anyhow, I needed/need the rest of the running gear for this boat as it only had a motor in it and the guy gave me a brand new battery 7,2V battery,Thentoday i picked up a nice RC10GT nitro truck for 30 bucks and it came with a nice like new futuaba Magnum Jr I need less to get it running so i will probably play with that for a day or two then worry about the boat later on but im not sure, gonna hita few local hobby shops tomorrow and see what i can come up with, i really only need an ESC and a charger for the boat if i steal the radio from the RC10. I may post some pics tomorrow if i get a chance, that is if anyone even wants to see what 30 bucks can get ya??? LOL

JRockZ

Old 03-15-2010, 02:42 AM
nick 30

if you can thats cool, prove us all wrong with decent parts if you do your homework and trawl the streets
Old 03-15-2010, 02:14 PM
JRockZ

Ok heres what i wound up with BUT im selling now so the link is here http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/tag/1645148326.htmlfor my ad, I was a bad boy and i went and bought me a mini thunder this morning so now im hoping to make a few bucks back as i spent every penny i had on the mini.
Heres a couple pics for thois that may not want to see the craigslist ad.
Thanks
JRockZ