Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 1st boat, lets hear it!

Well I did get a little ticked when someone was telling me to save my money.Then to spit out a bit of a set up and finish with " blah blah bla take the wife out for dinner or whatever, any more questions"... I didnt ask for that and will respond to it the same if ever happens again. Im not new to forums and know thats uncalled for. Its over.

I didnt say I was broke. I said I got out of the hobby before my son was born and wont get serious until hes older to enjoy it with. I have 250$ I scored to start a little rc boat project with and dont plan on trying to get it all done at once if there was a better option.

My question was a good sport boat not for racing and was leaning towards the sv27 rtr but was just curious if there was a cat thats about same price that might be better. Just looking for decent handling in the chop with some great speeds on the straights. Just wondering if the sv rtr is still the best bang for the buck for my starting price of 250$ or if I could build a small cat or something close to that starting price that would be better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

have you checked out the aquacraft UL-1, i'm notsure how much they are in the US, how about pro boat like the apache 24, shockwave 26 and so on, there's lots of RTR boats, look at some sitesand see what there is
    amps give power, more amps, more power :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I started looking at the blackjack 26 I think it was, and read a few bad things with it. I have been watching some videos of cats in action and they seem pretty stable. Didnt know if thats a better hull to go with than the sv27 or not.

Maybe it just comes down to what I want to look at as both hulls seem to be good. Was just a little worried about the tx that comes with the sv rtr.

I will check out the other 2 you listed and see what they are. Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok reb, i started of with a cat and moved to mono's but could never set them up propely so i went back to cats and now hydro's, hydro's are a bit more complicated to setup, so my suggestion is to start with a cat like the pro boat mini c or joysway mini cat, i have both and are great fun, the mini C has a brushed motor and the joysway has a brushless motor, all you add to the joysway isthe battery and receiver
    amps give power, more amps, more power :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sounds good, I wil check that one out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I listed the mono's as these are worth the look, there aren't many catamarans out there worth looking at without spending much more $$$ after initial purchase. And most are over $300. I however forgot to mention minicat racing's catamaran. This might tickle your fancy. Here's the link. Heck the price is right. http://www.minicatracingusa.com/vcat.html. ( P/S this cat needs a radio and battery ) Not a RTR.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks westbeach and nick 30, those little boats are pretty quick and look like fun. Now im in a toss up of the sv27 and one of those mini's. Was wanting to purchase tonight but now I better think some more on it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Reb, I know you're kinda leaning on a SV, but here's a a deal that is hard to resist. NIB RIO EP. http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=13313

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just ordered a sv27, thanks for your help west beach.prob now is hobby king is out of stock on every lipo I look at. [:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOL, yup everyone has caught on; with the prices of the lipos. Just wait a few days they might have more stock coming in. Have fun with the SV.

ORIGINAL: Reb2973

I just ordered a sv27, thanks for your help west beach.prob now is hobby king is out of stock on every lipo I look at. [:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No it is not over.

It is ratbags like you that sit behind a keyboard with a gutfull off piss and attack other forum members.

You have edited your first & second post? One minute you are spitting venom, then next a little kitten.

You have been caught out and the less people like you on the forum, the better.

Peter
    This message was brought to you using 100% recycled electrons.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get over it dude. How would editing my first 2 post have anything to do with you. You haven't even replied to me yet. Check the time those were edited also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12