Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Watercooled motors

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Watercooled motors

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 11:13 PM
hugho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watercooled motors

I'm looking for a watercooled innerrunner brushless motor and ESC, (nice with reverse) for the Dumas barrelback Chris-Craft model I'm building. So the the only ones I've found are Turnagey thru Hobbyking. Anyone know of others. Please advise, thanks

HughO
Old 04-25-2010, 06:12 AM
SV27dayton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Watercooled motors

I beleive all inrunner brushless motors will run in reverse. It's the ESC that determines the limitation. I have a turnigy that I got form hobby king that is programable though the transmitter so I can have reverse if I want. Since I'm running a pretty high touque motor thorugh a flex shaft I choose no reverse. This is pretty comon. But if you are going to have a solid shaft I'd think you would be able to use reverse. So far the HK stuff is working well for me. Sorry I don't know of another location to get an ESC with reverse. no matter what you will likely pay more for it than from HK though. Sounds like a cool project.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:40 AM
785boats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Watercooled motors

R2 Hobbies have this one and a 90A one too.
[link]http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddetail.php?prod=rcps81712_60[/link]

Best to get the programming card for it too, if you go that way.

The motor will depend on the size & type of hull & the size of the prop you intend to run. Also the battery voltage.
Cheers.
Paul.