Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

balancing props

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

balancing props

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 03:31 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default balancing props

am i the only one that goes though props? I spend hours balancing and then it seems like a couple of runs later and i need to sharpen it again. I may need to find a better spot to run, cause i'm getting tired of paying 20 bucks for a prop and then working on it forever just to have it all go down the drain, i picked up a grim prop that i still need to balance out and really don't want to destroy that one cause it was close to 30 for it, here is a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93ufEkudcKA
Old 06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Visual Perfection

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: balancing props

Ya looks like where you are running might be the cause...

I was recommended by several people to use the carbon props sold at offshoreelectric as they are cheap and dont need balancing and sharpening..maybe look into those?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:18 PM
eboat

Not much room there to run a boat like that and if you touch anything there goes the prop work

Good place to run a jet boat though
Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 PM
SV27dayton

LOL! Yeah ha ha! At the very least limit your prop to using the CF props there. Boat looks like it's running healthy. I figured you nicked it in rapids but looks like you have bigger problems. Find a new place or convert to jet. My props last indefinately unless something catastrophic happens (like in your vid) actually that's never happened to me. I know what you mean because I bought a 642 aluminum once and put the boat in the pond. I had to idle through some floating mulch and that's all it took. Boat wouldn't even plane off. CuBeTi props are much better but they don't like rocks.[:-]
Old 06-09-2010, 10:27 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'm waiting for dragonfire to mold me some pieces for my jet at the moment. i usually try to run in a more open area but a lot of the water close by is private. it's really sweet to see it run up the stream at wot though.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:13 AM
nick 30

i found that out, the glanced the wall, spun around and the prop hit and threw the boat, the blade curled over and is ruined now, only place for it was the bin