Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

Miss Geico 29 Catamaran

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

Miss Geico 29 Catamaran

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:09 AM
losifiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Miss Geico 29 Catamaran

So because you don't understand what I was explaining I'm supposed to "dumb it down" for you? I never claimed to be smarter than anyone on here, so stop being a dumb ass trying to start trouble. No one was talking to you anyways before you butted in with your stupid "pissing match" comments.

See if you can wrap your feeble brain around this. I'll try and put it as simple as possible for you....Engineers knowingly push RC brushless systems to their limits because of the lack of space and weight restrictions related with the hobby. This is why mindful companies like Castle use the largest gauge wire possible. This is why 40C 5000mah LiPos, and larger, come with 8 gauge wire and 5.5mm bullets. Will smaller wire work? YES, but your pushing the limits!!! From there on out do as you want and burn your S#!t up, just like you mentioned. I could care less. I was just trying to be helpful in the first place before you pissed me off with your lame ass comments. No one like a "smart ass" but "stupid never changes"
Old 01-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Dirt_hawg

ORIGINAL: losifiend

So because you don't understand what I was explaining I'm supposed to ''dumb it down'' for you? I never claimed to be smarter than anyone on here, so stop being a dumb ass trying to start trouble. No one was talking to you anyways before you butted in with your stupid ''pissing match'' comments.

See if you can wrap your feeble brain around this. I'll try and put it as simple as possible for you....Engineers knowingly push RC brushless systems to their limits because of the lack of space and weight restrictions related with the hobby. This is why mindful companies like Castle use the largest gauge wire possible. This is why 40C 5000mah LiPos, and larger, come with 8 gauge wire and 5.5mm bullets. Will smaller wire work? YES, but your pushing the limits!!! From there on out do as you want and burn your S#!t up, just like you mentioned. I could care less. I was just trying to be helpful in the first place before you pissed me off with your lame ass comments. No one like a ''smart ass'' but ''stupid never changes''
Yup sometimes I need to have a crayon drawing of setups..

Ohh and my last comment was rhetorical bro..
Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 AM
losifiend

LMFAO!

Ok.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:14 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

not every race setup uses the shortest wires possible in their boats
Fact is most do it because they hate the look of spaghetti inside their hulls
and it's a much nicer look in their high dollar machines
goto a race and see just how much wire some racers have.. (spaghetti)
the one who finsihes the race first and with the most laps does so because of their great driving skills around the course, not because they have the shortest wires

My parallel connectors are not short and there is no reason for it... My Revo is faster and has more punch running 4s2p than 2s in series with the same C rating
any my Revo has 180amp spikes
the connectors share the amp load.. the wires on our connectors are short enough that the resistance is very very very small, not even noticeable
the biggest factor in any connector is the soldering job... if your dont have a good contact, it does not matter how short the wires are, the boat will not be as fast as it could

I have picked up 3-4mph in my UL-1 by resoldering all the factory bullet connectors

these are toys, and not one thing has to be done by another to be right
when we tell others your have to because I say so because of xyz, that's not longer fun and no one wants to play
Old 01-19-2011, 05:55 PM
losifiend

ORIGINAL: srt10
these are toys, and not one thing has to be done by another to be right
when we tell others your have to because I say so because of xyz, that's not longer fun and no one wants to play
I never once said anyone had to do what I said. Now you're the one making too much of an opinion I gave as to why shorter wires have less resistance. That's a fact you cant argue with according to Ohm's law, but everyone if free to do as they please with their toys.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:53 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: asupervee72

no wire means less resistance but I think they are easier to hook up, but then i never tried the other way, didn't think of that. I got my jig at harbor freight as well, made life so much easier, i actually don't mind soldering something now. Its 12 gwg wire, how bad is the resistance ?
how much was your jig from Harbor Freight?
that could help me out some
Old 01-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Dirt_hawg

Hey guys Im wanting to run 5s with stock electrics..Do you run a switch on the rx pack? Also does the switch on the esc work after you disable esc?
Old 01-20-2011, 11:16 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: Dirt_hawg

Hey guys Im wanting to run 5s with stock electrics..Do you run a switch on the rx pack? Also does the switch on the esc work after you disable esc?
you will need to cut or take the red wire on the esc out, and I just plug and unplug the rx pack from my esc to run 5s
Old 01-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Diesel6401
My Feedback: (1)

Yea the esc switch still work even after you dis-able the bec.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:23 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my bad the series 2 stuff is pretty thick and braided, but there are some thinner versions of it, but the stuff i had was actually pretty thick. Didn't really know what number 2 was till the recycling guy told me, i got 78 bucks for what i had so a ul1 motor is on the way, may place the esc order later on. Contemplating paying markup and getting the hydra 120 Pegasus has or ordering a 180 for half the price.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:28 PM
asupervee72

i don't remember it was cheap, under 10, two arms and a magnify glass. Makes soldering up those bullet connectors that much easier, plus things don't move around so you get a more solid solder connection.

THE SWITCH FOR THE ESC WILL NOT WORK ONCE YOU REMOVE THE RED WIRE. I added in a bullet connector on one of my rx packs to use a switch, just on the negative side to break the connection when not in use. That was on a boat where the rx was hard to get to though, on MG i just plug strait into the rx when im ready.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Dirt_hawg

ORIGINAL: Diesel6401

Cool..I was hoping it would..I hate the way my electric helis arc when you plug the batts in..hehe
Old 01-20-2011, 02:51 PM
asupervee72

Cool..I was hoping it would..I hate the way my electric helis arc when you plug the batts in..hehe

Don't know why he said it would, mine doesn't.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Dirt_hawg

Hmmm..It seems mabey their electrics change...Some early MG kits came with a different RX than others...They could have newer ecs's as well...We'll see..I just got a rx pack and ill see if mine will switch or not..
Old 01-20-2011, 03:37 PM
asupervee72

maybe, mine did come with mr 3000, i think the new ones are like 200s or something, Mine has two throttle and steering outputs so maybe my esc is different too.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Diesel6401

I have a mr3000 in mine and my esc worked with the switch with the bec dis-abled. Idoubt they changed anything in that esc. That esc is been out for a long time in 4 different boats (BJ, MG, Fastech, Miss Elam) without any changes. Theirs always the possiblity though.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:51 PM
asupervee72

oh yeah mine works great with the bec disabled. The esc works fine, but the switch that turns it on is useless once you disconnect the red wire. My switch could be in the off or on position when i run the external rx pack and it doesn't matter it is still works. I was saying the switch does nothing with the red wire out, not that the esc wont work without it.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:45 PM
srt10

Another thing you could is use a 3" servo extension and cut the red wire on that, use it between the esc and reciever and that way if you ever want to go back to 4s with a rx pack just take out the extesion and plug the esc back into the reciever
Old 01-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Diesel6401

I am saying my ESC switch DOES work with the bec disabled. On/off switch functions work as normal with red wire pulled. Ifound out the hard way when Itaped my boat up and had steering but no throttle. Untaped found the switch off, Iturn the switch on all was good. That is with the red wire (bec) dis-abled/pulled out.

oh yeah mine works great with the bec disabled. The esc works fine, but the switch that turns it on is useless once you disconnect the red wire. My switch could be in the off or on position when i run the external rx pack and it doesn't matter it is still works. I was saying the switch does nothing with the red wire out, not that the esc wont work without it.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Dirt_hawg

So with the stock bec disabled, can I run 4s and 5s setups? Im not sure where some of you guys are going with this conversation..I want to run 4s and then put in 5s packs without changing anything other than different packs...???Am I wrong?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Diesel6401

No you are correct. Irun 4s & 5s just by changing the packs. I keep the bec dis-abled at all times and run a rx pack. You must change the motor/esc connectors out though!

So with the stock bec disabled, can I run 4s and 5s setups? Im not sure where some of you guys are going with this conversation..I want to run 4s and then put in 5s packs without changing anything other than different packs...???Am I wrong?
Old 01-21-2011, 02:21 AM
Dirt_hawg

No you are correct. I run 4s & 5s just by changing the packs. I keep the bec dis-abled at all times and run a rx pack. You must change the motor/esc connectors out though!

ok..I already have the battery connections 5.5 bullets, but the esc-motor bullets are still stock..
Old 01-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Dirt_hawg

I got everything done hooked up.Bec is disabled..the esc switch does still work..I hoped it would..But now the arming beeps went away..Is this normal..When you turn the esc switch on its just ready to go without any arming beeps..
Old 01-21-2011, 07:56 AM
srt10

I got everything done hooked up.Bec is disabled..the esc switch does still work..I hoped it would..But now the arming beeps went away..Is this normal..When you turn the esc switch on its just ready to go without any arming beeps..
are your lipo packs plugged in to the esc?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Dirt_hawg

Yes..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.