Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Miss Geico 29 Catamaran

Should I even mess with running the ul-1 on the MG esc..Or should I just get a swordfish 120? Id hate to burn down my boat..
    Miss Geico

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im actually glad to hear that because i am pairing mine up with a 120 amp constant speedo with a 240 burst rating so i am not concerned about it. I was just letting dirt hawg know what it is rated for. It would be safer to get the swordfish 120 but the MG esc is pretty tuff, i was pushing it pretty hard before it gave out on me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yup...
    ORIGINAL: srt10

ORIGINAL: Diesel6401

Even though that UL1 motor maybe rated at 50 amps they have been proven (eagletree) that they can pull a constant amp load in 60-70amp range and spike higher then that.
    I've seen over at OSE spikes of 110amps
    Fast Electric Addict! I like to go fast!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You wont burn the boat up. The PB ESCs don't really go up in flames. They just smoke and the caps burn off. I have seem plenty of them after doing that. Hobbymart on Ebay carries a lot of boats that have had burnt ESCs and they smell bad but not much damage to them. Like I said, I run with a guy who has that motor in his MG and his has yet to go out. He runs his boat every Sat and Sun out at Hanson Dam recreation area. But anything is possible, I guess. If you have the cash, upgrade. If you don't them keep your money in your wallet and run what you have.

SV72, You still have my number? Holler at me when you want to run! My 2200 4074 for the genesis should be here soon!![8D]
    I'll meet you at Silverwood or where ever, other than my local pond. There is also going to be a NAMBA race at Legg Lake in Whittier Narrows park here in Feb. They have a dedicated boat pond there which I hear is pretty cool and its allowed by the city for such use. Supposed to be very long, good for WOT runs[>:] Below are a few links to the park. The first one is their Yelp page. The bottom link is a satellite view. The lake is outlined in red. I might start going to run there because Hanson Dam is too damn far!!
    [link]http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/lyePHb3C1ZS-N-8It16LlQ?select=Q_IggCOIhCXuqaLYjT0d7g[/link]
    [link]http://www.wikimapia.org/10909613/Legg-Lake[/link]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Stock esc's are built tough and can take a pounding. I know I run mine with a higher kv motor. I will be seeing what the actual numbers are real soon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just uploaded this video. Still has some "wha, wha" but I love the way she runs.[8D]....till she catches air and does some nice aerobatics, lol!
    [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbsINGGIHh8[/link]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i still have your number, waiting on my esc's to come in, they are in customs so hopefully i'll have them by the end of this week or the start of next. If i get them by friday i'll give you a call and maybe we can run this weekend. I know what you are saying about the drive. My new local track is 13 min from my house so i have been tearing it up over there. I'd be interested in entering that race if we can get out there and practice on that water. My first SC race is coming up in Feb too so it would be sweet to do both and podium in at least one. What class would our MG's be in? If if is open then i know i'll get smashed on. Wouldn't mind putting the stock motor back to run stock class, but my stock esc let its magic smoke out so it has no more mystical powers. Still amazed at how 2 2s 5000 mah last 10 min if you're lucky in a boat but those same two packs will give me about an hour of run time in my SC truck. Gonna have to look more into that race, and looks like i need to register with NAMBA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I got burnt out on racing. I raced 1/8 scale electric for a while then I used to race 4x4 SCT at WCRC and at Hemit Raceway. Too much time lost for a few minutes of run time. Also a lot of crybabies. Guys take it to serious and forget they are there for fun. I rather stick to boats. You'll soon find out what I mean if you're racing long enough.

I need to get a NAMBA card too so I can run at The Prado. I wont enter the race though. I'll go watch but not willing to give all day to that anymore. I have kids, maybe if I didn't.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: losifiend

I got burnt out on racing. I raced 1/8 scale electric for a while then I used to race 4x4 SCT at WCRC and at Hemit Raceway. Too much time lost for a few minutes of run time. Also a lot of crybabies. Guys take it to serious and forget they are there for fun. I rather stick to boats. You'll soon find out what I mean if you're racing long enough.

I need to get a NAMBA card too so I can run at The Prado. I wont enter the race though. I'll go watch but not willing to give all day to that anymore. I have kids, maybe if I didn't.

that is the very reason I have yet to try racing
    first to own the Mini Slash!
    Amsoil Dealer.. 6XL Revo, Baja 5B, Losi8T, PS295, UL-1, AQ MC, OM29, DF33

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Has anyone tried a m445 s/b/p on the stock MG on 5s? I just got one and I wanted to ask if anyone has tried that yet?
    Miss Geico

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dirt_hawg

Has anyone tried a m445 s/b/p on the stock MG on 5s? I just got one and I wanted to ask if anyone has tried that yet?
    that sounds fast!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yep, believe i hit 46 with that prop there on 5s.\\ It was actually 44.4 but i'm sure you could hit 46 with some adjusting.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well got some data for the first time using my Eagle Tree.  

Here was the setup:

Motor: PB 1800kv
    ESC: Stock 45amp esc
    Batts: Turnigy 2s 4500mah 30c (2x)
    Prop: Grim 40x52/3

Gps speed: 37.5mph with a little chop
    Max amps: 73.33
    Max esc temp: 103.2F
    Max motor temp: 84.6F
    Max watts: 1080.88
    Max Voltage: 16.67v
    Min Voltage: 13.93v
    Loaded rpm averaged between 21,500 - 22,000
    *outside temp was 62F

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very cool man!
    5 stars

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

m445 + ul1 2030 kv + turnigy 120 amp esc, + MG +4s2p lipo = WOW!!! She flies with that set up right there. No gps yet but i feel like im easily in the 45-50 mph range. Cold soldered a joint and MG was out on the water for 5 hours before i got her back. It was a bad experience that could have been prevented. Moral of the story is never forget your retrieval device, be it a boat or a fishing pole.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow..I cant wait untill the pond thaws..I got my 3s packs in today..I got my m445 and Kinetic offset rudder installed and gonna try 5s but the pond is about 2 inches thick froze..Ohh well.It just gives me more to tweak on the boat..Which joint came un-soldered? I just put 5.5 bullets all the way around mine..
    Miss Geico

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It was a esc connection, one that i did to a 5 mm bullet, i don't think i heated up the wire enough. I got it nice and hot this time though, gonna test it later today. Gotta love sunny CA weather, looking at a low of 39 and high of 69. Still a little chilly but it keeps your temps nice a cool.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: asupervee72

It was a esc connection, one that i did to a 5 mm bullet, i don't think i heated up the wire enough. I got it nice and hot this time though, gonna test it later today. Gotta love sunny CA weather, looking at a low of 39 and high of 69. Still a little chilly but it keeps your temps nice a cool.
    Sence you ran the m445, how do you think it would fare on 5s?
    Miss Geico

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: asupervee72

yep, believe i hit 46 with that prop there on 5s.\\ It was actually 44.4 but i'm sure you could hit 46 with some adjusting.

i was talking about the m445 here. All stock on 5s i hit 44.4 on my first try without adjusting for anything, and that was back when my rudder was in stock position. So i think if you get your cg dialed in you could do better then 44. But that is what you can expect. Temps should be fine, but check yours to be on the safe side. No point in rushing your enjoyment of the boat if the thing goes up in smoke. TAPE your hatch. If i didn't tape my hatch today i may not have a boat anymore. upside down for around an hour today before i was able to flag down the only boat on the lake and they were nice enough to let me get on and take me to it. Had about a 1/4 cup of water in it. My fishing pole line snapped for some reason. I had another rc boat on me but it was in my truck and by the time i got back the wind blew it out of range. Last couple of days have not been smooth as far as rc boats go, and im not talking about the water.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ran my Geico yesterday with the 1800 outrunner on 6S and hot damn! Made 2 passes and then noticed no water exciting the hull. A hose had popped loose and had stated to flud the hull so I had to stop it and dry it. But I think 6s is what I'll be running in it from mow on. Now I just have to order a Turnigy HV ESC and some medium size MAH 6s packs to run in parallel. I don't want to run my T180 at it's max voltage. I think the HK-B125 should suffice.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

seriously? that 2030 kv has me going as fast as i want almost too much on 4s. Had a couple blow overs sat. I'm still adjusting for this new power plant, I had the strut too far up at first, and i think the batteries can come forward a little bit. I was having to roll on the throttle and once i reached WOT i pretty much had to back out. The other day when the wind was lower my loose set up was flying, but more often then not there is a little chop and some wind on the water and although i know people have this boat doing well over 50 i feel like that's about as fast as I'll want to make it. Though i could change my mind after a couple more weeks of running this set up. My phone decided to delete all my videos so i don't have the ones i got from sat.
    found em
    4s2p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FafgQb7cP5M

4s1p
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvV0zt388GI

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that thing is a monster on 4s!
    great job

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I should have known better...Ran 5s for the first time and i got about a 2 min run...Something went poof...I think the esc..I did everything suggested for 5s..Flex shaft spun effortless..Soldered 5.5 bullets everywhere..Nothing burnt..It just stopped..It wasnt too hot..OMG though..It was freggin fast!!I just wounder if since I got a newer kit if the esc was a cheaper version of the first batch? Because some people said with bec disabled it didnt matter if the on off switch was in either position the esc would arm..With Mine, the switch has to be on to arm..who knows but I will be gitting a etti 150..
    Also..This was my first run with the kinetic offset rudder and there wasn't any wah wah bounce..WOW with the etti esc, I cant wait to try 6s!!!!!!!!!!!
    Miss Geico

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So would a SwordFish 120 esc be enough to run this boat on 5s with the m445 prop? With bec disabled.
    Miss Geico

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For the money, just get the T180 and don't look back. Fits in the boat like a glove!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast