Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

sv27 way wrong

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

sv27 way wrong

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 09:21 PM
ryanwilson277

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sv27 way wrong

please help me with theze things,

first off i got a cheap plastic prop 45mm first prop set on the page [link]http://www.kintecracing.com/Supervee_27_upgrades.html[/link]
i also got trim tab adjesters and port side turn fin
im running 7 cell 4200 duratrax batts and everything stock

#1- out of the water it runs fine and in the water it runs fine untill i get on plane, once it gets on plane and i let go of the throttle it still goes full throttle for about 2-3 seconds

#2- i have the rudder turned to the left and the boat still wont go strainght and goes right

#3- the steering doesnt work either when the boat wont slow down

im thinking the reciver antenna might be interfering with the servo and esc so i put aluminum foil around the esc and reciver and i will see if that helps.

the one thing i dont know what to do about is the boat turning right even when the rudder is turned left, and i thoought alot of people us 45mm or bigger props.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 PM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: sv27 way wrong

check your throttle trim, make sure it's at zero, as for the right turning thing my boat does that even with a x437, i trim it to go straight at speed and then just compensate the rest of the time, if the motor is getting throttle imput and it isn't from you and the steering doesn't work you likely have a interference problem. What range is this happening at? all ranges? do you have the stock rx and tx? do the esc and servo leads have a good solid connection? all things to check. I Just picked up a grim 40-53 prop to run on the stock motor with 5s, it has a rounded tip where the prather and octura props i have come to a point. I am hoping that will help with prop roll, i'll let you know how it goes after i get it balanced. ( the tumbled finish on the grim props is pretty much worthless since you have to grind the crap out of it to get it balanced, mine seems like its way out compared to the octuras i've done)
Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 PM
ryanwilson277

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sv27 way wrong

put foil around the esc and it works fine