Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

rio won't go

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

rio won't go

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 07:59 PM
motorhead91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rio won't go

hi guys, i just bought a rio ep yesterday, and ran two packs through it last night, but at the end of the second pack, the motor quit. i tried again tonight and the motor still would not turn. my batteries were fully charged, and the rudders would turn. i believe it is the esc or motor....any thoughts?
Old 07-08-2010, 12:08 AM
asupervee72

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: rio won't go

it has a brushed motor right? hook it straight to a battery with no esc, if it works you know the motor is good, if you have an extra brushed motor you can test the esc, Move the servo to the throttle channel and see if you get anything, might be the rx
Old 07-08-2010, 01:59 AM
motorhead91

ok i will try checking the 2nd channel, i dont have an extra motor laying around as this is my first electric boat. but when i squeeze the throttle trigger it sounds like the esc is trying to push current to the motor but it wont spin. im calling aquacraft tomorrow along with my hobbyshop
Old 07-08-2010, 07:16 AM
SV27dayton

Check all the solder joints between the motor and ESC. These have caused dead boat syntrome many times. They get a little warm and pop. Get out the multi meter and start checkin!