Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

harbor freight neptune rc boat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

harbor freight neptune rc boat

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Djinn777

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you found any upgrades for this boat? I just recently got one and not long after the esc went out so i put tue one from the airplane they sell at harbor freight in it. Is there any where to order factory parts for it also? I cant find one online anywhere!!! But my most emediat question, do you know what size props ill need to order for it? Thanks man. This boat has been a bunch of fun. Im just trying to keep it going.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:44 PM
Djinn777

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you found any upgrades for this boat? I just recently got one and not long after the esc went out so i put tue one from the airplane they sell at harbor freight in it. Is there any where to order factory parts for it also? I cant find one online anywhere!!! But my most emediat question, do you know what size props ill need to order for it? Thanks man. This boat has been a bunch of fun. Im just trying to keep it going.
The following users liked this post:
Neptune2020 (05-20-2020)
Old 08-17-2020, 05:49 AM
strut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a Harbor Freight Neptune set for #09 27.175MHz with battery floating in the middle of a lake. I don't have the transmitter for it, but I'd like to get it working. I could buy a transmitter for freq #09 or I could convert the boat to work with my Specktrum DX6. The part that baffles me most is the Neptune has two motors, I don't know about speed controllers that work with two motor. Any suggestions?
Old 08-17-2020, 07:49 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Your acquisition probably uses differential steering. That means that to turn, one motor speeds up while the other slows down. To use your DX6, you would need to use two speed controllers and either set up a mix, throttle on one stick with rudder on the other mixed to do the same thing, kind of like ailerons and rudder on a plane, or set it up for "tank steering", one stick controls one motor's speed while the second stick controls the other.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:08 PM
strut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the battery from the Harbor Freight Neptune, but don't know the name of the connector. Anyone know what it is called? I'd post a photo, but haven't posted enough RC Universe messages to earn that privilege yet.