Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

HobbyKing Tunnel Hull

Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

HobbyKing Tunnel Hull

Old 09-10-2010, 07:39 AM
new2rcboating

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HobbyKing Tunnel Hull

Hi Nobodyfamous ,

I grew up in the 1980's , racing a GT BMX Race bike that was built in the U.S . The bike was a piece of " Art " i reckon & still do as it had quality written all over it !! . Hate to think where " GT " source their product from today , hopefully they understood the importance of keeping their brand up to that same standard of U.S workmanship . Wouldn't it be great if all people that are supporting the better brand stuff actually manufactured R/C related gear in the U.S or where either else , i would pay the extra $$ knowing it was built with pride in U.S workmanship !! Anyway i don't think it will be long before the Chinese manufacturers lift their game when it comes to R/C Boat hulls & what will have to complain about then ?? . Do the people that support the better branded gear realise that their electrical system is mostly chinese ?? . BG
Old 09-10-2010, 07:44 AM
dmoesch

ORIGINAL: new2rcboating

Hi Guy's ,

At the end of the day both boats in this thread are being produced by Chinese & other Asian guest workers , for a wage that you or I would not work for ( $2.00 U.S ) , also the living conditions for guest workers is deplorable . If one has a bit better quality that's because " B " company has a a certain level of reputation to uphold . Please consider this before knocking a boat that has no " Spin " attached , most boats will perform within certain perimteres of one another for the 90% that are not preparing for world champoinships . BG

Thank you, your common sense is much appreciated!!!!! This thread is proof that marketing really does work!LOL
Old 09-10-2010, 07:44 AM
lapistola28

This thread seems to have gone to $#!@ !
Old 09-10-2010, 08:58 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Hi Guy's ,

At the end of the day both boats in this thread are being produced by Chinese & other Asian guest workers , for a wage that you or I would not work for ( $2.00 U.S ) , also the living conditions for guest workers is deplorable . If one has a bit better quality that's because '' B '' company has a a certain level of reputation to uphold . Please consider this before knocking a boat that has no '' Spin '' attached , most boats will perform within certain perimteres of one another for the 90% that are not preparing for world champoinships . BG
the HC F1 and the Proboat are not even close when it comes to performance!
they may be built near the same place, but when you put them on the lake and hit the throttle, one will come out the Victor!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:00 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: dmoesch

Hi Guy's ,

At the end of the day both boats in this thread are being produced by Chinese & other Asian guest workers , for a wage that you or I would not work for ( $2.00 U.S ) , also the living conditions for guest workers is deplorable . If one has a bit better quality that's because '' B '' company has a a certain level of reputation to uphold . Please consider this before knocking a boat that has no '' Spin '' attached , most boats will perform within certain perimteres of one another for the 90% that are not preparing for world champoinships . BG

Thank you, your common sense is much appreciated!!!!! This thread is proof that marketing really does work! LOL
sounds like someone needs to read up and not bash Proboat
Old 09-10-2010, 09:01 AM
srt10

ORIGINAL: lapistola28

This thread seems to have gone to $#!@ !
Agreed!
some just don't get it [:-]
Old 09-10-2010, 09:07 AM
srt10

funny how some think everything is built the same, but one just cost more than the other
people need to get out and learn a few things and not act the know all behind a keyboard
and the reason the two threads were pulled on this boat before was they violated RCU rules...
the Cat and hydro from HC are the same as Venom but for much less, but this F1 boat is not the same as the Proboat. Everything except the name (F1) is different
Old 09-10-2010, 09:08 AM
lapistola28

Does anyone have the Pro Boat ?
Old 09-10-2010, 09:10 AM
srt10

Does anyone have the Pro Boat ?
I've had one in my hands and they are nice!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:36 AM
lapistola28

But have you seen one go ? I've only seen their promo video . A friend of mine bought a brushless BlackJack and i bought a KOS (spare me the crap) and mine still works perfectly while his has needed an ESC , a Motor and i believe he's on his third pitiful drive ! So ....... No one is perfect in the RTR market !
Old 09-10-2010, 10:42 AM
srt10

Oh this is getting funny!
The KOS is the same thing that HC sells...and the Blackjack motor and esc are the most used setup in FE racing
The motor and esc are race proven!
The HC F1 is in no way the same as the Proboat
And when you factor shipping the Proboat looks even better!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:10 AM
lapistola28

Dude you're obviously a Pro Boat groupie ..... So there is no reason to continue the banter .
Old 09-10-2010, 11:46 AM
srt10

Dude you're obviously a Pro Boat groupie ..... So there is no reason to continue the banter .
Dude?
Groupie?
What is this second grade?
Old 09-10-2010, 11:48 AM
srt10

Fact, this HC F1 is not a copy of the Proboat, not one thing
For $190 shipped it could be a fun 30mph boat
Old 09-10-2010, 11:57 AM
lapistola28

Are we going to just insult each other ? As i look through all the threads you participate in it seems as if someone disagrees with you , you become hostile . Relax man . It's a hobby ...... We all can only spend what we can . Some , including myself , enjoy buying "toy" grade boats and making them better . Can i only assume you buy just the best ? We all know even if the Stilletto did 100mph out of the box ......... We'd want to change the motor or the ESC to go faster . If this little boat does 20mph .... I know i can play around and make it better . And so you know .... I have a Stilletto on order too .... Just got tired of waiting  . Have a great day !
Old 09-10-2010, 01:58 PM
srt10

Are we going to just insult each other ? As i look through all the threads you participate in it seems as if someone disagrees with you , you become hostile . Relax man . It's a hobby ...... We all can only spend what we can . Some , including myself , enjoy buying ''toy'' grade boats and making them better . Can i only assume you buy just the best ? We all know even if the Stilletto did 100mph out of the box ......... We'd want to change the motor or the ESC to go faster . If this little boat does 20mph .... I know i can play around and make it better . And so you know .... I have a Stilletto on order too .... Just got tired of waiting . Have a great day !
no reason for insults and I see none [:-]
we all have every reason to disagree with one another and no one is getting hostile, or maybe the one who posted the two threads on this boat a few days ago that got removed becaue they violated RCU's policies
and for HC, I love HC!
they have awesome stuff and I buy from them all the time
I my self may go pickup the Stiletto today as my LHS has one and I know they will give me a great deal on it
the Stiletto should be in every city at every LHS
but this HC boat will not compair if someone wants one they don't need to upgrade to race or even hit 40's with
Old 09-10-2010, 03:43 PM
lapistola28

I've been at the guy at my local Hobby Shop for weeks now for the Stilletto ...... He keeps saying it hasn't been released ..... Is he BSing me ? This is why i order for myself online . I try to help the little guy out , but the service is usualy poor . If you get it please post some decent pics ..... and a little vid of it running if you can .......
Old 09-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Since the question was raised about the last post being removed - It was removed by the Forum Manager. It was removed because if violated several site rules. It is not because it was Hobby King - it would have gone regardless of who broke that many rules. Hobby King though seem to not want to follow RCU site rules regarding posting in the forum. It is not that RCU requires them to be a banner advertiser - there are thousands of company representatives active on this site who can follow some simple rules.

The ongoing debate of Chinese "junk" manufacturing is comical to me. I see the Chinese being blamed for poor quality - I promise you that if we did not buy it that they would not make it. My family has a factory in China and my father is there as I type. Chinese workers are immensely proud of the work they do and very dedicated to the companies they work for. If you have never been there then your opinion is probably based more fiction than fact. They have a work ethic I can only compare to the Japanese (another country that was once looked down upon for low quality exports - ironic huh). The quality standards coming from any country are only a reflection of what is allowed to be produced, packed, and shipped. It reflects training, equipment, and materials. I could write for hours on this but it is not what this topic is about.

If you want high quality items then buy from manufacturers who manufacture to those standards - The other makers will either change or close. Supply and demand is a VERY powerful tool - Vote with your $$
Old 09-10-2010, 04:47 PM
keithbradley
My Feedback: (38)

Hi Guy's ,

At the end of the day both boats in this thread are being produced by Chinese & other Asian guest workers , for a wage that you or I would not work for ( $2.00 U.S ) , also the living conditions for guest workers is deplorable . If one has a bit better quality that's because " B " company has a a certain level of reputation to uphold . Please consider this before knocking a boat that has no " Spin " attached , most boats will perform within certain perimteres of one another for the 90% that are not preparing for world champoinships . BG
I found your name ironic after reading your post.lol. A random boat will not be 90% what a race ready boat is. Not even close. That would be if I could take a corner at 55mph with a good tunnel, you could take it at 50mph with a random knock off. No way. My experience with cheap boats (and most RTRs) is that of far lesser handling ability, not only due to design flaw and cheaper parts (hardware, ect) but because of poor molding. Many times even when the design is ok, molding flaws and inconsistancies greatly hinder a boats "out of the box" performance.

We can argue about this all day, and you can pic boats from china and ask what they cost in US (Like the genesis...needs more than an ESC sorry to say. Most people I know that get a genesis take out everything, including the cheap 4mm driveline), but as someone else said, you get what you pay for. In the end if you want a $100 tunnel, BUYIT. Im not saying its a bad deal. For someone that wants a 20-25mph boat at a cheap price, its probably a fantastic option. Its not to be compared with a race tunnel though...
Old 09-10-2010, 05:09 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: keithbradley

Hi Guy's ,

I found your name ironic after reading your post.lol. A random boat will not be 90% what a race ready boat is. Not even close. That would be if I could take a corner at 55mph with a good tunnel, you could take it at 50mph with a random knock off. No way. My experience with cheap boats (and most RTRs) is that of far lesser handling ability, not only due to design flaw and cheaper parts (hardware, ect) but because of poor molding. Many times even when the design is ok, molding flaws and inconsistancies greatly hinder a boats ''out of the box'' performance.

We can argue about this all day, and you can pic boats from china and ask what they cost in US (Like the genesis...needs more than an ESC sorry to say. Most people I know that get a genesis take out everything, including the cheap 4mm driveline), but as someone else said, you get what you pay for. In the end if you want a $100 tunnel, BUY IT. Im not saying its a bad deal. For someone that wants a 20-25mph boat at a cheap price, its probably a fantastic option. Its not to be compared with a race tunnel though...
agreed, china makes some good stuff and this boat would be great for what it costs
Old 09-10-2010, 08:07 PM
dmoesch

Who was dogging SRT10?  Don't think he was causing any extra trouble.....just arguing for what he believes (although, he did tell me to get a calculater...and techincally, fine, its 2.7 times more not 3....whatever).

Here is what I wish we could do.....tell me what you guys think.....you guys get a stilleto, I get the HK boat, but you give me $200 extra dollars to mod the HK boat to whatever I choose...then we race and see who wins.  I have my money on that extra $200 getting me past you.
I know it will never happen due to logistics, but it would be fun.  
Honest question, you guys are really convinced the architecture of the hulls is going to make an RC boat go "that" much faster?  Your telling me you can compensate with more thrust?  And why would this not handle as well?  It could easily be modifited to handle as well.  Both are fiberglass hulls and will skate accross the water???  The hornet sits a bit higher and might have some more air drag, but geez, that might impact speed 5%?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:36 PM
srt10

Who was dogging SRT10? Don't think he was causing any extra trouble.....just arguing for what he believes (although, he did tell me to get a calculater...and techincally, fine, its 2.7 times more not 3....whatever).

Here is what I wish we could do.....tell me what you guys think.....you guys get a stilleto, I get the HK boat, but you give me $200 extra dollars to mod the HK boat to whatever I choose...then we race and see who wins. I have my money on that extra $200 getting me past you.
Honest question, you guys are really convinced the architecture of the hulls is going to make an RC boat go ''that'' much faster? Your telling me you can compensate with more thrust? And why would this not handle as well? It could easily be modifited to handle as well. Both are fiberglass hulls and will skate accross the water??? The hornet sits a bit higher and might have some more air drag, but geez, that might impact speed 5%?
It's all about how the hull moves across the water, or however.. ( I don't know the real term?) and the biggest is in the turns
so with shipping the HC F1 is $197.33 and I think my LHS will let me walk out with the Stiletto for $325 so about 1.65 times more, and you still need a RX and TX for the Hornet
I think it would take more than the difference in the price to make the HCF1 beat the Stiletto in any race
so getting more power into this hull could actually make things worse if the hull is not built well, it for one could lift when you get some speed going or flip in the turns
so a DNF does not win any race
Old 09-10-2010, 08:49 PM
dmoesch

Now wait a minute, the Stilleto does NOT include a transmitter for that price.....and your gonna need a Spektrum to matchup, right?
How much are you looking at now?  The Hornet is $180 to my house....
OK, LOL, we are getting goofy now.
But seriously, tell me your not just assuming that this tunnel doesn't handle well?  How can you be convinced it doesn't?
Wish you lived in the area, we could do this little test......
Old 09-10-2010, 08:59 PM
keithbradley
My Feedback: (38)

Who was dogging SRT10? Don't think he was causing any extra trouble.....just arguing for what he believes (although, he did tell me to get a calculater...and techincally, fine, its 2.7 times more not 3....whatever).

Here is what I wish we could do.....tell me what you guys think.....you guys get a stilleto, I get the HK boat, but you give me $200 extra dollars to mod the HK boat to whatever I choose...then we race and see who wins. I have my money on that extra $200 getting me past you.
Honest question, you guys are really convinced the architecture of the hulls is going to make an RC boat go "that" much faster? Your telling me you can compensate with more thrust? And why would this not handle as well? It could easily be modifited to handle as well. Both are fiberglass hulls and will skate accross the water??? The hornet sits a bit higher and might have some more air drag, but geez, that might impact speed 5%?
If putting more power to that hull made that boat faster than the stilleto, everyone would have record setting boats. Unfortunately, it comes down to WAYmore than just throwing a powerfull motor and lots of voltage to go fast. I only wish it were that easy!

As for your challenge, I wont be buying a stilleto They are beautiful boats but Iwont be racing tunnels any time soon so I have no need. However, Darin Jordan will be racing the stilleto, and I'm sure he wouldnt mind if you came and entered your hobby city boat in a race to kick his butt

Also, Ilive in Michigan, which isnt too far from Illinois. I have monos that I will put against your HC boat if you want, and I don't mind if you put an extra $1000 into it after you buy it
Old 09-10-2010, 09:12 PM
dmoesch

Interesting.  Where in MI?  close to Chicago?
We could race my HK Red Evo Hydro...vs your Mono..I have that sitting right here?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.