Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New gas mono shopping

A little bigger than your looking for but if you check with MHZGermany very well priced as we don't pay some of duty and taxes built into price

This is what I'm looking at for just playing this winter

MHZAlligator ... withSSwindow trim and few small things was less than850 to my door in BCCanada

http://www.mhz-powerboats.com/mhzpow...0b9af67dba12d2

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf99585.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	1545075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cx74426.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	1545076   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rw58253.jpg 
Size:	405.8 KB 
ID:	1545077  
    Think "Fink" - build what YOU think is cool ......

http://www.youtube.com/user/mistycreekboats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

See how tough it is to pick out a new hull? Lots of options out there. Price right now isn't that important but I'm not going to go crazy and get a full carbon fiber hull as much as I'd love to have one.

I really liked the RCMK hull but it doesn't look like Bruce at Gizmo sells them. It looks like something that Batman would tow to the lake behind the Tumbler.
    The Norwegian boat would be cool as my last name is Norwegian but shipping would probably kill me.
    Yes, I do have that weak spot for 'burst's. My .45 mono was all yellow so you're teasing me with that one!
    I had my eye on the Silex when it first came out. I'm glad that Tony changed the hatch that he originally had for it as it looked like one of those confused Chinese boats that wasn't quite sure what it was.
    I'll have to go in and check out Dana's new hull.

OK, keep in mind that I'm looking for something that preferably I can buy here in the US.
    I've also got some serious competition here in IMPBA D-2 but may hitting some D-4 and 14 races so we'll be up against some really good racers. Actually I should say my son as this will be what he'll be racing. Old dad is getting relegated to more of a crew chief than a driver.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can understand your need to purchase from the USA,but my RCMK Zenith was only $322 delivered from Korea to here in the UK.
    These are carbon reinforced and come complete with the radio box fitted in,its my favourite boat so far.
    By the way it drives & handles much,much better than a Chinese Lynx,which I've also had and only submarines if set up wrong.

Advise from somebody who's actually owned,setup & run one...
    Brod..
    Quietly laughing.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here's one you don't find everyday. http://www.bigalboats.com/
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer
    http://neilsrcsite.shutterfly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I saw that one over at Jim's when he first rolled it out. The price isn't bad but the assembly is a little unorthodox, using JB Weld to hold it together. With it lacking engine rails and a radio box lost points. It's kind of a tin Easy-Vee.
    I haven't completely ruled out Asian-made hulls as seeing how I've got a Falcon 41 but I don't have a PayPal account. I could probably have my sister or brother order one for me though. I don't currently own a credit card! Those things can get a toy-buying fool into trouble, been there before.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Want something diff ..... MHZ just sent me pics of new Titus

Name:	Db84922.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	1545369   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yt61231.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	105.6 KB 
ID:	1545370   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lr39186.jpg 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	1545371   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	At54767.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	1545372   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rc40234.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	1545373  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

a finished Titus

http://www.mhz-powerboats.com/mhzpow...553306953ada4a

you can take 17% off the price as we don't pay tax so around 375 + shipping ........ they quoted me 125 to ship

Something diff

As a note I don't use Paypal or Credit cards either Ron ....... MHZ I go to bank and send a bank transfer for 4.50 happens in about a hour

Name:	Om31936.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	1545374  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mistycreekboats

Want something diff ..... MHZ just sent me pics of new Titus

Very nice..
    Quietly laughing.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Brian can you show us the bottom or just the keel at the transom, does it still have a ride pad?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Mike! Are you sure your thinking about the right boat? Seducer maybe? No ride pad, but the keel is rounded at the back. Bottom flat as a pancake. Brian

Name:	Pn36752.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	1545600   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ni23601.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	1545601   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	In26926.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	1545602  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

See how tough it is to pick out a new hull? Lots of options out there. Price right now isn't that important but I'm not going to go crazy and get a full carbon fiber hull as much as I'd love to have one.

I really liked the RCMK hull but it doesn't look like Bruce at Gizmo sells them. It looks like something that Batman would tow to the lake behind the Tumbler.
    The Norwegian boat would be cool as my last name is Norwegian but shipping would probably kill me.
    Yes, I do have that weak spot for 'burst's. My .45 mono was all yellow so you're teasing me with that one!
    I had my eye on the Silex when it first came out. I'm glad that Tony changed the hatch that he originally had for it as it looked like one of those confused Chinese boats that wasn't quite sure what it was.
    I'll have to go in and check out Dana's new hull.

OK, keep in mind that I'm looking for something that preferably I can buy here in the US.
    I've also got some serious competition here in IMPBA D-2 but may hitting some D-4 and 14 races so we'll be up against some really good racers. Actually I should say my son as this will be what he'll be racing. Old dad is getting relegated to more of a crew chief than a driver.
    Ron,

I have raced against many RCMK hulls & they are now building them stronger than before and they handle race water very well once set up right (as in any hull). I have not seen a tendancy in them to nosedive any more than any other boat out there. If you run a prop with too much lift you will nosedive any boat once you get too much air under the hull (I learnt this one a while ago & have changed my prop choice accordingly).

You said you would prefer a local supplier, however I have dealt with Mr Park directly before and I don't think you would have any issues buying directly from him if you can't get Bruce to supply you with a hull (if you asked him he may get you one, he seems to be bringing in shipments constantly).

Another option is an Aussie built Retallick Engineering Sidewinder hull (my hull of choice). I like their looks and they handle very well in rough water and at speed. At 45" it's right on your length, however shipping to you will probably kill the deal.

I have also had good races against the 44" DF hull which I think you could get locally through Offshore electric, these hulls need tabs & fins to get them to handle well though, unlike the Sidewinder and RCMK hulls.

Cheers
    Jason

The answer is always more power.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Randy, I'm wondering if the MH$ hull is IMPBA or NAMBA legal for that matter with the wing as the rules state, no wings on mono's. If they wanted ot get technical, even the "radar arch" on the Shockwaves wouldn't be allowed.
    I've been thinking of contacting Bruce to see if he has or maybe can get an Alien as I know he does have a few things that aren't on his site.
    The Delta Force was also on my list last year as I know that it or its clone was going to be imported to the US under another name from Frank but haven't heard anything yet so that's another phone call I'll have to make.
    Steve at Offshore Eelctrics does have the Delta Force Sniper in stock and the price isn't bad at all. I've bought from him before and he's great ot deal with plus he does e-checks.
    Mr. Park seems like a nice enough person as you rarely if ever see someone like him as a big manufacturer actually going into forum sites and posting. Not here but you know where.
    Ken Retallick's boats are known here in the US but like you said, shipping would be a lot.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ron
    I'll send u Mr. Parks personal email ... he answers very quickly if u use his email

Randy

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got it, thanks.
    I just sent a PM to Bruce.

[Updated]
    I got a PM back from Bruce already! I was surprised seeing how late it is (1:00 AM my time). Anyway, he can get them if I want one. Hmmmmmm.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So Ron is that another boat for me to paint for you??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Ron
    Which Item will you join in in this Race?
    China Guangdong RC Boat Team
    Love Mono I ,Go Naviga

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: joseywales

So Ron is that another boat for me to paint for you??
    I don't know. It depends on what color(s) I can get whatever I buy in.

Dicko, seeing how you bought an RCMK hull, can you tell me if it has the engine rails already installed in it or am I going to have to fit my own in there? The site really doesn't show much.

[Another update]
    I got another PM from Bruce about the RCMK hulls. Just to show (at least to me) that he isn't into it for the money but also the service he advised me not to get the Alien hull. It seems like they've got a problem with a hook in the bottom that he couldn't get out himself so this must be why he doesn't carry them on a regular basis. Too bad as it really is a cool and different looking boat.

Doing more and more research on those on my now getting shorter list the Rampage is a good hull in the straights but where it really shines is in the corners. Seeing how my son Eric will probably be the one driving it, he can run closer to the buoys than the old man dares to.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ron.

The Zenith & Stealth hulls are the ones I run against here, I don't personally own one. They do have rails installed. The guys I run against have not needed to blueprint the hulls, do not use tabs or fins & they really do perform well. If they do have a hook it is possibly there intentionally like the Seaducer hulls. I have not seen an alien hull run, so I can't comment on that one. I do know that the Zenith & Stealth hulls are the same with different decks. The Mk II hulls are good racers.

Cheers
    Jason
    The answer is always more power.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, the list is getting narrowed down and right now, the Rampage is at the top. I'll probably give Denny a call Saturday to see what's going on. He's working on laying them up in some new colors instead of the usual red, blue, yellow, black and white, a big plus there. Carlo, one of the dealers of these says that it runs loose on the straights but really excels in the corners.
    In the meantime, keep the suggestions coming as this isn't a done-deal yet. Thanks again for all of your input so far.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just as Carlo said, it runs kinda loose in the straights and it carves the turns like no other mono i have seen. Its very fast in the straights and loose, this makes for some very fun racing. The new one i ordered in the not normal colors(royal blue top and dark grey bottom) will be here prob next week, its being laid up now. When i receive it i will post some pics. You can pretty much get any color you want(kawasaki green, royal blue, grey, dark grey, pink, pepto pink, mustard yellow, yellow, deep red, black, powder blue, money green, white, etc. you name the color and we can probably build it, that color.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mitch, Denny just called me a little while ago and we talked briefly but we'll probably yak some more Saturday. He's going to be running a special on them soon. We talked about your hull also. The Kaw green is probably more like what I'm looking for but not sure if I'm going all green or one with a white bottom yet but I'm open to a lot of those other colors except grey. It's not that grey doesn't look good but with past experience with my grey Vee-Rod, I know how hard it is to see it when it's dead in the water.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds like you made a good choice Ron ,those hulls look nice.I like the idea of the Kawa green on the top and a black hull im planning on that colour sometime looks killer.I just layed up a dark grey Apache actually graphite its called with a light grey top for a guy,his colour choices .Will see how the bottom turns out over the weekend.
    Mart
    Waveridermouldings,Manufacturer of quality race proven Hulls.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Rampage is a good choice Ron. If ya wanna run with the D-2 guys ya need a fast boat and the Rampage fits the bill.
    JUICE ZZ RACING
    ​IMPBA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Chris, I saw on the MGB site that you and Dale have these so I figure that if you guys have Rampage's then they must be pretty good!
    I'm going to hit the D-2 circuit more this year so I should be able to run into you somewhere or at the Toledo show.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ron, you can get rid of the gray JUST FOR MEN
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer