Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New gas mono shopping

RON,
    No posting without pics[sm=biggrin.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bryston

RON,
    No posting without pics[sm=biggrin.gif]
    Aw jeez! I'm trying ot find a spot in the basement that isn't a disaster area to take some pix at. I've got boats galore all over the place and if not that, other RC-related junk er, merchandise.
    With 2 power outages this week so far (weather prediction for tonight isn't so hot either) and my normal busy days I haven't gotten any progress done since last Saturday anyway.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you know the trick, both arms together on the workbench, then spread your arms.......walaaa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A couple of lousy shots from my cell phone eh?
    Ignore the prop as it's one for my JAE gas 'rigger. Some dummy cut the flex cable a hair short but it's plenty long enough for the mono.
    The radio box is an Aeromarine piece that I got cheap from Lamar Huff and should give the Cooper Cobra pipe plenty of room.
    The only variation that I should have done from Marc Levac's build would have been to move the inner trim tabs out maybe 1/8" as this strut is wider that the one that he used. A little grinding with the Dremel took care of that.
    Right now I'm thinking of a way to mount the radio box although I do have something in mind. I'm always open to any trick ways to mount one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec89188.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	1570002   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Je98471.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	1570003  
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks good Ron ..... lots of trick ways to mount ...... I just do 1 simple bolt on each side in the middle down low . simple . nice color looks kind of familar ............ I like it

Name:	Ki19873.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	1570053  
    Think "Fink" - build what YOU think is cool ......

http://www.youtube.com/user/mistycreekboats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've done that before but the radio box has a lot of slop between the rails. In the past on a Speedmaster 21 mono I used JB Weld to fill and form an area to set the box into.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mistycreekboats

Looks good Ron ..... lots of trick ways to mount ...... I just do 1 simple bolt on each side in the middle down low . simple . nice color [img][/img]*looks kind of familar ............ I like it
    WOW thats a lot of pipe hanging out the back [X(],not legal over here for racing anyways.Why the skegged strut mate?.
    Mart
    Waveridermouldings,Manufacturer of quality race proven Hulls.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ran the skeg for a while - would corner awesome ... to a point and then roll changed to round bottom and turn fin ........ old pic I still run only 4" rudder but with straight blade works great

i have a couple Razors and like to play with hardware on them ..... I like to try stuff that everyone says doesn't work .......... you should know that by now Mart ...... lol

I'm the 1 that has to try it myself ......... ha ha ha

Name:	Ki20054.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	1570186  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lol yea i know i should have known better than to ask lol,im the same never listen just do it my way sometimes it works sometimes not lol.
    Mart
    Waveridermouldings,Manufacturer of quality race proven Hulls.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

I've done that before but the radio box has a lot of slop between the rails. In the past on a Speedmaster 21 mono I used JB Weld to fill and form an area to set the box into.
    i had the same issue wit my radio box the same as you have in your boat there an aero marine .
    what i done was put a peice of 1cm square dowl at the front to stop the box moving forward, stainless screw each side to fix in place. i made up a stopper for the back or you can do the same as the front.
    then i cut some 5mm ply to length of the radio box for each side takes up the slop nicely and cut to hight required, bolted to the inside of the rails with 4 stainless bolts size your choice filed off the heads just leaving enough to hold.
    they dont touch the radio box because it slants inwards slightly.make sur you have bolts that will stick out atleast 1-1 1/2 cm, then get some tite fitting tubing and place over the ends of the bolts to cover the threads.
    then get some silicon hose sliced 1 side and glued to top of ply to give the radio box a bit of support instead of it sitting on wood.
    and secure radio box by rubber bands by ataching them to the bolts. works well.
    also treat the ply with some marine laquer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ron
    I don't think I;m supposed to link other sites so look at
    R42 from the frozen north on Jims post #19 ..... pretty clean set up

Andy (AC) has 3 new quick release boxes for me - I haven't seen them yet so I can't post anything on them ... I'll have em next week

later

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I haven't found the thread yet but I'll keep looking.
    Yes, you're right, no links to Jim's site allowed in here as they require membership to view the site but they can be PM'ed.
    It seems like I've seen Dom post before on those boxes and it wouldn't be hard to fabricate something like Andy's boxes. As a matter of fact I was looking for some extruded carbon fiber pieces that I bought a small pile of a long time ago that would be ideal for doing that type of setup. Now to find the pieces in my huge pile of junk!
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry but no pix of today's work, not yet anyway Bryston.
    The engine was hung then I swapped it out for another one so it now had my Motorheads (Scott Schneider) modded RCMK in it instead of a stock RCMK S-254.
    The flex cable, stuffing tube, T-bar, IV bag and throttle servo among other things are now installed. Probably Monday I'll be ordering the prop. Still deciding on a radio system yet but I'll be hitting a swap meet in 2 weeks to see what's there. I've got a couple of FM radios but may go for a 2.4 Gig. It's hard to give up the FM's as they've been good to me.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, finally some pix!
    Thanks to Marc Levac, Mitch, Denny, Chris Rupley and those who I probably forgot for their input on this build. The boat needs a few things like tweaking of the hardware, more floatation and decals which I should have on this coming week. The prop isn't the one being used, that one was just for setting up the driveline.

Name:	Tr50372.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	1591640   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw71137.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	1591641  
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The build looks great Ron. Take her out on a windy day and have a blast!
    JUICE ZZ RACING
    ​IMPBA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's my problem Chris, 2 places where I run at for setup are blocked a lot from the wind so rigging for rough water conditions isn't easy so I try to make them run wetter there. I've also been working on the JAE gas 'rigger this week and did engine swaps in both Cat's, one is now Suicidal RCMK powered. The Rampage has a Motorheads RCMK in there. With us going to the Gas Nat's this year I'm going to need to have good stuff in there, stock engines aren't going to get it.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks really good Ron, I am sorry to say that at the Mississippi race this weekend my Rampage got hit in the rear while tuning in open water. Took off the rear top right corner, all cosmetic but i hate to have this much damage as the first scratch. Give me a week and it will be back to new. My R42 hade sum damage too and i lost the cowl! LOL! We had a great weekend though, my boats ran really smooth and fast but, little dumb mistaks by me, did me in. Denny, got 1st in SS mono, 1st Hydro, 1st mono. Carlo got 1st in GX mono, 1st cat, and i think 1st in GX cat. All monos Rampage and Hydro was a Rage Hydro, its the Hydro Mike was working on before he passed. It was the first time Denny ran in a Hydro race and probably the 4th time he has had the boat in the water. Good weekend for CC Racing and Rampage boats!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ron did you get the boat wet yet? Just wondering Nice looking hull by the way
    Stoney Pond Model Boat Club, Canandaigua, NY
    International racer
    http://neilsrcsite.shutterfly.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No time yet. I've still got the gas 'rigger to finish so I want to hit the water with that at the same time.
    After getting home from the Toledo show I took the week off to work on as many boats as I could. The Drag Cat got a Suicidal-modded RCMK in it and the Falcon 41 got the engine that was in the Drag Cat. I'm waiting for my other JAE .12 to come back from the painter.
    I was slowed down with 3 cardio-therapy sessions, an abominal scan (they found a spot on my left kidney) and a doctor's appointment that blew every morning. Then there was Honey-do Saturday, projects to keep the old lady off my case. The JAE gasser is waiting for a Cooper Cobra pipe as the other one went on this boat.
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yay, I finally got the Rampage on the water today!
    Man, this thing ran great right off the bat, suprising for me as it only had a few very minor issues. We only got to make a few runs as there was a tornado warning issued for our county. We got out of there just in time as an unconfirmed twister hit about 3 miles south of the lake and heard on the radio that a funnel cloud was spotted near my house.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZeBHEvY7Go[/youtube]
    IMPBA 17238 S
    269 Racing Team

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345