Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

Venom King of Shaves P1

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Venom King of Shaves P1

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 10:27 AM
omra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venom King of Shaves P1

I see this new boat on Venoms website,Does anybody have one? Or know what it runs like?? I havent come across any other info/pics of this boat,only whats on their website. : (

Regards
OMRA
Old 09-19-2011, 06:15 PM
rat now
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Venom King of Shaves P1

Ive been doing the same thing cant find anyone that has one. I love the looks of the boat and the reveiws sound good. I seen one on Craigslist for sale for $550 in Orlando Fla. Im about spent out on boats right now to buy it though. I'll keep checking this thread to see what you turn up.

Rat
Old 09-20-2011, 04:32 AM
Wildercraft
My Feedback: (2)

There's a guy at our pond in Atlanta that has had his out two times now. For $1200 you get a purdy boat but it's only good for crusing around the pond. If you want to race then forget it. I myself always buy used boats and fix them up the way I want and I suggest you do the same since $1200 is a bunch of money for a boat that just looks good..... Just my thoughts thou.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:11 PM
rat now

ORIGINAL: Wildercraft

There's a guy at our pond in Atlanta that has had his out two times now. For $1200 you get a purdy boat but it's only good for crusing around the pond. If you want to race then forget it. I myself always buy used boats and fix them up the way I want and I suggest you do the same since $1200 is a bunch of money for a boat that just looks good..... Just my thoughts thou.
All my boats are used...you can find some good deals on some nice stuff if you shop around. I couldnt afford to rc at all if I had to buy all new. I gave a guy $200 for a Blackjack 55 that needed only minor stuff to make it like new.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:29 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

There are threads elsewhere on this site covering this boat so try using the search engine in here.
A guy that I've been running with recently bought a lot of RTR boats and this is among them. He offered to let me take it for a spin, I passed but my son took it out. He didn't care at all for the way that it handled as he said that it drifted in the corners. They're not fast at all stock.
That wasn't even the downsides! Poorly laid up hulls, thin and brittle. They will start stress cracking almost right out of the box and this includes the radio box. The stand that comes with them is for display use only, it needs a starting stand built for it. I'll let you do the search to see what others that own them have said.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:06 PM
rat now

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

There are threads elsewhere on this site covering this boat so try using the search engine in here.
A guy that I've been running with recently bought a lot of RTR boats and this is among them. He offered to let me take it for a spin, I passed but my son took it out. He didn't care at all for the way that it handled as he said that it drifted in the corners. They're not fast at all stock.
That wasn't even the downsides! Poorly laid up hulls, thin and brittle. They will start stress cracking almost right out of the box and this includes the radio box. The stand that comes with them is for display use only, it needs a starting stand built for it. I'll let you do the search to see what others that own them have said.
Man...thats a bummer, and such an impressive boat. Glad I didnt pull the trigger too soon for one of those. I know alot of RTR boats have a few flaws that can be worked out but that sounds like alot of stuff to worry about without trying to make it faster.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:56 PM
rcguy1411

wait a bit if you like that hull there are a couple boat builders working on a hull as i type and the quality will blow this Venom pos right out of the water
Old 09-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Centralrchobbies
My Feedback: (7)

Yes I had alot of request to rework the Venom fountain hull for two reasons Venom does not sell just a hull and also the only thing holding it together is the wood stringers in it. The hull is very week and extremely flexable would not and could not handle any high horsepower motors. I have changed it up a bit with some different scoops and transom is completely different. I should have the molds done in a few weeks.