Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

building my first gas boat

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

building my first gas boat

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 12:02 PM
frank haydu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building my first gas boat

hi building my first gas boat . i am using a weedeater motor i have 3 to choose from . my question is what hobby manufactures do i speak with about speacilty parts ? how do i cross match motors specs i have a homelite , a weedeater featherlite FL20, and finally an old outboard gas trolling motor TOB . thank you forany help that you can give
Old 10-26-2011, 05:37 PM
SS RC Boats

Default RE: building my first gas boat

You can check with Tony @ Warehouse Hobbies in reference to the Homelite....not sure about the other 2 manufacturers. Just food for thought,you might want to just save up a few bucks and buy a stock Zen or RCMK.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:12 PM
hendocap

ORIGINAL: SS RC Boats

. Just food for thought,you might want to just save up a few bucks and buy a stock Zen or RCMK.
Do yourself a favor and take that advice , you will be glad you did in the long run. JMO
Old 10-27-2011, 04:50 AM
danielplace

Yes get a new or good used Zen or rcmk so you can easily get mounts, collet and exhaust and be a water cooled marine engine and not have that huge aircooled flywheel.

In do realize some like to build with what they have already or can get for very little and just make it do and willing and capable to do just that otherwise it will be much more easily achieved and better final product if you start with a purpose built powerplant, exhaust and driveline.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:26 PM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

out of what you have the homelite will be best, but like the guys have said a zenoha will be your best bet, other wise you will pay every time you use it,
Old 10-27-2011, 01:34 PM
advanced builder

Look here they have a different engine section. You may find the setup you need. http://www.marinespecialties-rc.com/