Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

72 inch boat questions!!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

72 inch boat questions!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 10:23 PM
TheFridge189

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72 inch boat questions!!

Hello everyone. I have come across a nice 72inch deep v mono hull on craigslist. The Boat comes with all of thehardware, except the motor is seperate. the motor is anO.S. FS-60 Marine 4 stroke engine that is brand new in box. I was wondering wether or not I should try and finish his build with the o.s motor, or try a Mamba xl setup. What do you guys think? The mamba xl is rated for 10 hp, which I'm not sure but I think that is alot more then the o.s engine. Also, It seems like the mamba setup would be much easier to install. I am very familiar with electric, and have built an electric boat from scrtach myself, but i'm completely new to fuellies, let alone nitro. What do you guys think I should do? I kno with the mamba xl setup I will probly send around $700 when I getbatteries, charger, etc. However I expect to finish the project in a couple years, due to lack of funds as i'm 14 years old haha. I'm thiking I will just cut the spending down to little bits at a time. Anyways, the person on craigslist has just the hull and hardware listed for $150, how much money do you think the new in boxO.S.engine is worth?
thanks
Nick

Old 10-29-2011, 10:41 PM
animalnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 72 inch boat questions!!

well with the help of google the plane yersion is going for almost 400.00 on ebay so I would figure more then that since all I saw with a 30sec. glance was video's posted by proud owners I would snatch that up fast if I were you!