Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

Apache 84

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Mario Giordano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apache 84

Hello all, i'm Mario from Italy, i'm a boat lover and want to present you the new family member, an Apache, the big one. Its very nice looking and sails very well but next year i will do several modifications. I just took some pieces from Filippo, the guy who bought the apache 56 amg replica from adriano, like rcmk drives (arneson) fuel tank, trims, exhaust and others. My plans are to replace the parts that actually are installed with this ones, and surely i will need some tips from you.
Thanks and see you next time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CWu4ns4Tps
Old 12-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Apache 84

Hi Mario,

Welcome to the forum.

Spectacular boat. Love the paint scheme and details. What are you planning for power in her? I have the mold for the 84" apache though have yet to build a hull for myself. One of these days!!

Look forward to seeing what you do with her!!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:24 AM
martno1fan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Mario,im the guy who built the AMG apache for Adriano and also Filippo has one plus the one he bought from Adriano .Im asuming as yours has a single drive you went with with some serious power to push that big boat .The Arnesons will look awesome on the boat now we need to know what power your going with .
I absoluteley love that paint scheme or is it all vinyl.
I dont build an 84 Apache yet but will have a 72" next year and you never know might manage an 84 one day,hi Matt
Mart
ps wheres the hull from hope you didnt pay those crazy Bonzi prices [X(]
Old 12-07-2011, 02:31 AM
Hesco Racing

I noticed to the end you have a Spectrum radio for the boat. I would not trust such a beautiful boat to a spectrum radio. She looks stunning.

Cobus
Old 12-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Mario Giordano

Thank you all guys, well, Matt, now i have installed a S520 Marine Twin from RCMK that brings me 11 hp, i know from filippo that t it can be modified and reach the 16 hp but not for now (to expensive). Mart, its all paintjob except "apache", apache is a crome vinyl, but it is finished with transparent paint so the vinyl remain always like new, and yes, the bonzi prices are too high, i don't know why, i allways wanted a Bonzi 84 classic but 1600 U$ only for the hull plus shipping... its to much money for me.
Cobus, I've always used spektrum, i have a dx5e for my shockwave 55 and never had a problem, actually i'm waiting for my new Spektrum dx7s this friday (after tomorrow), that i will use with the apache, hope don't have problems...
bye
Old 12-07-2011, 04:30 AM
martno1fan

Hi Mario you can use Spektrum just make sure you have the new marine rx and they work fine according to those using them.Im with Cobus though if you dont have the marine rx then dont use it and wait till you buy the marine rx .I thought the Apache name was vinyl,hard to get that colour with paint ,looks great.Can i ask where the hull comes from ?.
Mart
Old 12-07-2011, 05:01 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

mat you should send me those molds, i will make you some boats out of it with our new standard carbon fiber lay up, and make that boat out of carbon for future boaters at a affordable price,it will be nice to get more people into big boats, better then it sitting in your garage. give it some thought.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Justaddwata

If you were closer you would already have them. Just a long haul to move hulls around. Will keep it in mind though. thanks Tom
Old 12-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Mario Giordano

Hi Mart, the hull comes from MHZ Germany, the real name is "chief 83" and is very solid hull. Can i ask you about this marine rx you talk about, is the mr3000? Why i should use this marine rx? i'm actually using air tx and rx with the shockwave 55 and it works fine, the new radio i purchased is for airplanes like the other i'm using, this new radio (DX7s) works with dsmx technology and seems to have less interference and good comunication with the rx, i tell you becouse i think the marine receivers are not compatible with air tx, which radio you are using?
Old 12-07-2011, 10:41 AM
martno1fan

Hi im not sure what its called m8 but trust me the air ones are asking for trouble on water even the company themselves dont recomend them which is why they came out with the marine ones because of all the failures i suppose.I dont use SPEKTRUM i use Futaba Fasst,best money i ever spent.
Mart
Old 12-07-2011, 10:47 AM
martno1fan

Just checked and yes it is the mr3000 heres a thread about it .
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10...m.htm#10829793
Old 12-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Justaddwata

Chief 83 is MHZs version of the 84" apache. I like it more as it has a clean seam.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Mario Giordano

Mart, I have already bought it so i have to take it, i wish it works fine like my old one, anyway i'm going to check out this marine rx, thanks for the advice.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Mario Giordano

Matt, awesome site!! lot of fantastic pictures, i saw some pics that seems to the idea i have, the apache 84 with the arneson version of wd200 is cool!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:58 PM
snatch-it

hi all,
the marine recievers do work with the "air" tx.
i have used one with the spektrum dx7se and the jr 9x. no problems.

nigel
Old 12-08-2011, 03:17 AM
MATHO

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just my 2 Cents ( I think I have some experience with big boats):
the 83" Chief or the 84" Apache (nearly same hulls) are wave eaters. Those boats are not designed for calm water conditions due to their size, these boats need heavy water and they can handle it.
And boats with a length of over 60" should have 2 counterrotating props to get more stability and better driveability.

But if those boats are built with too less weight they will handle on waves like a foam block: not very funny to drive, they will dance on top of the waves and this is not very funny. Wind will be an issue also.

Solution: weight must be built in. And power.

So a single twin would be - imho - not the best solution. It is better to install:
- 1 coupled Polini (= 2 POLINIS are coupled to work likea twin) with splitter overdrive gearbox, was made here in Germany.
- 2 twins counter rotating (mirror like package would be fine)
- 2 triple engines like my WASP HOUSE, counter rotating
-one 4-cylinderwith splitter overdrive gearbox (like my MHZ-Reckless)

At the end you need a weight of approx. 30kg and power of more than 20hp to get the ultimate fun.

Do not take steerable drives if you are going to install proper power, we allway had bad lucke here with those tries.

If you do not have the money to spend I'd recommend to store this boat for better times and take a smaller one, maybe a MHZ-showtime, a SV43 bei Andy or a 65"Apache (several sources)
Old 12-08-2011, 03:23 AM
Mario Giordano

Thanks nigel, so happy to hear this!

Ok guys, here are some pics of the boat

ps Mart, do you recieve the pm a sent you?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43797.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1697005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61163.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1697006   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30800.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1697007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt53836.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	1697008   Click image for larger version

Name:	Am73482.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1697009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gw29610.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	1697010  
Old 12-08-2011, 03:47 AM
martno1fan

Hi Mario the boat looks great nice pics,dont worry your powerplant will push her just fine and as you say later you can go with more power if you wish.Personally i would use two 520 inlines one to each drive ,one pipe going back one forward on each engine for better balance.
If you ever want a smaller Apache that will handle some rough water and serious speed you know where to come .Nige has one with an inline zen .
Mart
ps yes thanks got your pm.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:24 AM
Mario Giordano

Matho, this apache 84 with this configuration runs very good, tested 3 times with 2 different radios, tomarrow i'v get my new radio and saturday, if the the weather let me(its too cold here in Italy),  i will do some videos of her in water.
However, your numbers, 30kg, 20 hp are too high from my humble point of view, or too professional figures, i don't want an xtreme racing boat, i saw a lot of big apaches on youtube with only one blata 45 cc or rcmk twin cyl 52 cc like mines working with 2 props and a gearbox and runing very well, i think it depends on the tastes and expectations of performance of each person, i'm sure that your boat is an extreme powerboat, 4 cyl on a reckless... love to see it.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:58 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hey mat or matho im looking for a #3 clutch and gearbox ws200, any leads how to get one? this is my hold up right now. we have 2 arrowshark#6 drives and a s-520. once i get the transmission i will start a tread on the build, not trying to jump this thread just hoping to get info and i got both of you looking at the same time, thanks Tom
Old 12-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Justaddwata

Matho - For what it is worth (and I think I have some experience with big boats too). Indeed an ultimate build may include some beastly powerplants - but by the same analogy an ultimate big cat should be twin turbine to be light weight. Compromises are often needed due to a variety of reasons and I personally feel the way this Apache is built it will perform well in all but the roughest conditions (and not everyone wants to run in the roughest of conditions). I would be surprised if there were more than a dozen 84's out there sporting the big powerplants you mention (there are more with twin inlines granted) but there are a lot of guys having a blast with the 84's.

Bonzi Sports has been selling the 84" apache for more than a decade (probably closer to 2 decades) and I am sure 80% of them have no more than 2 zenoahs (either inline or counter rotating) - not optimal but it fulfills the needs of most. With regard to rough water presence - the addition of some weight (water bags to the nose or similar) would improve the way a lighter build handled in the rough. While it may not have all the HP to throw itself around in the chop it will still hold its own with 10hp.

I remain very interested in seeing more video of her in action and also want more video from you too Matho - nothing like seeing what you guys are up to on that side of the pond!!

ORIGINAL: expresscraft

hey mat or matho im looking for a #3 clutch and gearbox ws200, any leads how to get one? this is my hold up right now. we have 2 arrowshark#6 drives and a s-520. once i get the transmission i will start a tread on the build, not trying to jump this thread just hoping to get info and i got both of you looking at the same time, thanks Tom
I would give [link=http://www.wd200-modellbau.de/?Getriebe%2FGearbox:Getriebe_I#Gearbox_one]Werner[/link] or Matho a shout. Believe they are a source for a good integral box/clutch.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Mario Giordano

Ok guys, i'm not going to start the transformation of this boat until i have all the parts i need in my "work-room". Now i'm waiting to receive information of a new stronger gearbox made in italy. I'm going to show you all the parts i'll put on the apache. Here are the drives, you should know them, are the same that were to be installed in the apache amg.

Name:	Rp42407.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1697279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35656.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	1697280  
Old 12-08-2011, 09:41 PM
wantariva

i love those drives
Old 12-09-2011, 12:01 AM
martno1fan

Just be sure not to make the same mistake as Adriano and put them too high,rotate them and get them low as pos.For pics see his build thread,youve probably seen them but just a heads up before you start drilling and cutting,Id also rienforce the transom if it isnt allready.
Mart
Old 12-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Mario Giordano

Hi guys, unfortunatelythe radio has not reached today, i'm very angry, because I have to wait until next week.
Mart, i know about adriano's mistake, I have read his thread several times, i also talk with filippo and he gave me some advice. the stern is reiforced with a plate of a special and hard wood, so should not have problems.
Here is the fuel tank i'm going to use, i only have one so i have to order another one to wd200, this is a beautiful tank but I would like to know how does it works, in sense of how fill in the gas, i saw a video of a german guy with a mhz hunter with an interesting accessory that used to fill the tank, like a little can with a handle pumping gas, any of you used this tank?

Name:	Fd93255.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	1697618  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.