Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

this is what we need

Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

this is what we need

Old 12-07-2011, 05:51 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default this is what we need

it was great to check my computer today and see a lot of post in the gas boat section here on rc universe,this is such a great place to promote our hobby, there are already rc guys on this site, with rc boating in there blood, they just dont know it, so here is a great spot to get model boating on the map, dont just read POST. it was nice to see some new threads posted in such a short time, AWESOME lets see it , and talk about it.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: this is what we need

Not sure about others but I have had a horrible time with the RCU site recent weeks. There are some pages I just cannot get into sometimes no matter how many times I refresh. I have repeatedly raised the issue with admins so hopefully they will act on it as I know other moderators (and members) see a similar issue.

Hope it does not give too many others issue. I (like Tom) love to see new posts, builds, and continued interest in this great hobby!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:23 PM
wantariva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am completely new to the hobby and I have really learned a lot so far! Lots of info here!
Old 12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
ALTEREDINSANITY

New to the site myself, thought it was normal, hew, glad its not. Been out of the rc boating for 10 or 12 year's.                                                                       Have a new central rc 51 victory on order , going to put an old 35cc Mathe motor in it , Boy, things have changed while I was away from the hobby
Old 12-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Ultimate48
My Feedback: (1)

I check in 2 or 3 times a week no problems here . I love this site .

my Expresscraft Cheeta loves a chop
Old 12-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Justaddwata
My Feedback: (3)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: ALTEREDINSANITY

New to the site myself, thought it was normal, hew, glad its not. Been out of the rc boating for 10 or 12 year's. Have a new central rc 51 victory on order , going to put an old 35cc Mathe motor in it , Boy, things have changed while I was away from the hobby
Welcome to the forum.

Please start a thread on your build. I have a few Mathes - they were on my highly desired list for a few years. Would love to see what your planning!!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:34 AM
expresscraft

yes please do we ran mathes for a while, good to see you are still having fun with the cheetha, this will up the boat section here a lot if everyone shows there stuff, there are new guys that will not know what a mathe is, reedy darvel ruled the gas class 2years in a row with a mathe powered, dagger. at the winter nats he won every round he won every rd except the last one where a wave barrier at the ski park .the race was held at failed ,and while leading that round as well was taken out by a rouge boat wave. boating stories are great.here is our mathe powered thundercat. no pics with the lid off, reedy also had a freind that raced a red budwieser thundercat with a mathe, here in dist 3 if anyone remembers that boat, i had pics of it but cant find them
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78502.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1697054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12501.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1697055  
Old 12-08-2011, 08:29 AM
cheesewizz69

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata
Not sure about others but I have had a horrible time with the RCU site recent weeks. There are some pages I just cannot get into sometimes no matter how many times I refresh. I have repeatedly raised the issue with admins so hopefully they will act on it as I know other moderators (and members) see a similar issue.
Matt, I have been trying to get to the Christmas thread for three days without success. No matter which computer or how many times I refresh, clear cookies etc... nothing. I have just given up on that thread, so I know what you mean.

PS yes I tried Firefox and Chrome
Old 12-08-2011, 12:20 PM
ALTEREDINSANITY

ORIGINAL: Justaddwata

ORIGINAL: ALTEREDINSANITY

New to the site myself, thought it was normal, hew, glad its not. Been out of the rc boating for 10 or 12 year's. Have a new central rc 51 victory on order , going to put an old 35cc Mathe motor in it , Boy, things have changed while I was away from the hobby
Welcome to the forum.

Please start a thread on your build. I have a few Mathes - they were on my highly desired list for a few years. Would love to see what your planning!!
First off THANK YOU, I've read everthing I could concerning cat's and mathe in the last 200 pages. Will start a thread when I get some parts in hand. Hull is on it's way south, Mathe motor is at machine shop getting freshened up after sitting for 12 or so years. EXPRESSCRAFT=only those who have ran a mathe can know the sound of a nasty mathe motor on the water
Old 12-08-2011, 04:31 PM
HendricX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it's time to grant the Mathe a nice new modern electronic CDI ?

[link=http://www.power-spark.de/index_en.html]T H I S[/link] one is prefered by many European Mathe owners.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:46 PM
ALTEREDINSANITY

No need for the new electronic deal as mine was convereted to a mag ingition rite after I took ownership of it. My machinist use a yamaha racing go-kart flywheel & coil, ran quite well the last time it was ran, no need to carry the extra weight of a drycell battery to fire the electronic ingtion.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:29 AM
wichers00

im new and i have to enjoyed the new learnings here. i have my boat thread already. more info on me, im 26 and my location is louisiana near cc race engines.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:22 AM
expresscraft

cc has a lot of great stuff and it should be very helpful to have them local to you, al that runs a s-520 in one of our thunderbolts has just got his hands on a set of k-30 cylinders, it will be neat to see how everything works out, the s-520 is awesome, some good stuff coming from RCMK, post some pics of that mathe, we are off to a good start, lets make this boat section awesome keep the post coming, even if its a problem you know the answer to, a lot of guys will be reading and not posting so all the info is great and will help someone, this could be a great section for all model boaters, from hardcore racers to guys that just love boats,